Thanks

Mexican Wolf Recovery In the SW U.S

I am on Big Game Forever's E-mail list and I received an e-mail regarding the reintroduction of the Mexican Wolf into the SW United States. The documents presented are from the USFWS group called the Mexican Wolf Recovery Team.They are calling for 1000 wolves throughout parts of Mexico, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and Southern Colorado. Furthermore they will make it nearly impossible to de-list these wolves because Mexico will be part of the recovery area and our
    government can not control what happens to the wolves south of the border. Meaning all 1000 wolves will have to inhabit the Southwestern part of our country. This number is much larger than the number involved with the Grey Wolf reintroduction. Please check out the Big Game Forever website and look at this article. I have already called the Colorado Division of wildlife as well as the U.S senators from all four of these states. It is better to nip this in the butt early than have the same problems we are having in Idaho and Wyoming.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    i saw this article on ArcheryTalk. guess i'll have to become a predator hunter. i don't mind killin some dogs.
    I Love the smell of Elk in the mornin
    The arrow is everything

Thanks
    Forest Gumps Mama said it best.......
    I hunt because........

Thanks
    Looks like the enviromentalists want to ruin all of the good hunting out west!

Arizona's Mogollon Rim and White Mountains
    Thanks
    Living in the Eastern Arizona MexWolf Intro area, I can say that the introduction is going well for the wolves, but not for the ranchers, hunters and other people in the area. The introduced packs are doing well, but the "Recovery Team" refuses to recognize that fact and take them off the list and allow the state of AZ to regulate their numbers. The elk and deer populations have plummeted.
    “We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities;…” -George W. “Nessmuk” Sears-

Thanks
    The wolf reintroduction is nothing but a ploy to end hunting of all big game. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what they are trying to do! If there is little or no big game left........another endangered species. Then what?
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    If this is what they are trying to do, then they are succeding in a lot of areas. In September I went on a wilderness elk hunt to Thorofare in the Teton Wilderness area in Wyoming. It is a very famous area for elk ...has been for almost 100 years. The wolves has decimated the deer, elk and moose populations. Pretty sad situation. Need to start getting rid of the wolves and don't stop until it is done. Using the Endangered Species Act to reintroduce Canadian/Alaskan Wolves to the northern Rockies is/should be a crime. The extinct Wolf was the smaller sized Timber Wolf which is extinct. In my book this is fraud and someone should go to jail.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Amen to that Colorado !
    They are and have been reintroducing them to other states and states that haven't had them.
    I all to well know what you are talking about in N/W Wy. I saw them in the South and North Fork of Shoeshone as early as 2001.
    They knew dam well they weren't going to stay just in Yellowstone. You can't even find a moose near Cody anymore. They close areas for moose hinting now. Cut elk tag numbers. The USFWS needs to be purged along with the liberal environmentalist backed judges that block wolf hunting and don't know a thing about biology. The anti hunters and enviromentalist freaks don't care one bit about any animal's welfare. Only as long as there is no hunting them. Do you think they just want to look at wolves after everything else is wiped out ? We as hunters have donated and paid the billions of dollars to get the animal populations to all time highs, not them. Now we are letting them ruin everything we worked for all these years. Typical of anything government run. They have no idea how to do it and it fails and we all pay for it.