Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    You're smart to go with the Browning A bolt. I'd build it with the Mountain TI receiver with a stainless barrel in .338 Win mag. Zeiss scopes are hard to beat. Let us know what you end up with.

Thanks
    For my North Idaho endeavors; 338 win mag, Remington action, HS sporter stock, Nightforce 2.5-10x32mm scope w/ velocity reticle.
    Dirk Durham
    Elk 101 Prostaff
    www.elk101.com

Thanks
    I started looking at older Ruger actions also since they can be picked up pretty reasonable and have the tang safety and adjustable trigger. I got one bought in a 7mm Rem Mag that I planned to use to build my 300 off of. When it came in it had been glass bedded, floated, and had a limbsaver pad installed. My gunsmith adjusted the trigger and cleaned a bunch of copper out of the barrel. Then I put a 4.5x14 Leupold on and sighted it in with 175gr corelokts. I let it cool and tried my 160gr accubond load my old rifle shot really well, and was amazed. I put 3 into .6", let it cool, and put 3 more into the same group. I'm going to have to leave this rifle alone and find another action. It is heavier than I want for a backpacking rifle at 9.2lbs ready to hunt, but it will be a great one to keep for a backup or use in flatter ground.

Thanks
    Ruger #1B in 30-06 with a 165 gr. Partition or Accubond at a chronographed 2940 fps. It has a Leupold 4x scope on it and shoots like a dream. It's a little heavy to carry, but it sure settles down in the wind or when you are breathing hard with the extra heft. I'm completely confident in the 30-06 and think it's pretty tough to beat it. Lot's of good cartridges out there, but that is what I like!

I've also killed one spike bull with my 6mm Remington and 100 gr. Partition in a #1B as well, and my son shot a large cow with his 6mm this year and a 90 gr. Nosler E-tip. I know the 6mm is light but with a good bullet and good placement, they get the job done.
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    I recently had a 7mm wsm built by GA Precision. It's light enough I can haul it around at 11,000 feet but shoots amazing (3/8 moa). I run 180gr bergers at 2900 and the BCs on these keep up with almost any of the 30 cals. I orginally wanted to build a 338 but the guys at GA talked me into the 7mm wsm and I've been really glad they did. It has all the knock down you need at distance plus the rounds are alot cheaper and recoil is alot more managable. Also put a S&B PMII 4.5x14 scope on it.

Templar action, Bartlein stainless 5R barrel / 1/11 twist, McMillan HTG-Tex-M40A1 stock (this is the "Rock" setup with the upgrade to the Templar action).

Thanks
    I'm in process. Savage model 111 long range hunter in 300 win. Glass shopping right now, haven't decided yet.

Thanks
    300 Weatherby Magnum

Thanks
    280AI in the Titanium Strata (second one down in link below)

http://www.riflesinc.com/riflemodels.html

Thanks
    I'm not sure how many guys know about the Lazzeroni Rifles, but if we are talking dreams here you go.

http://www.lazzeroni.com/ct_rifles.htm

My dad has a 7.82 Warbird, and it is unreal.

I've used .300 Weatherby Magnum, 7mm Weatherby Magnum, and 7mm Remmington Magnum with the sendero package (obvious). The 7mm's are great, and I really like the accuracy of the sendero package. If you can stand the extra 2lbs it's worth it. I plan on using my dad's Warbird in Wyoming this fall, so that should be interesting. We use 4-14 Nikon scopes, good company that stands by their products.

Thanks
    I was just thinking of buying a Sendero 7 stw... Coincidence?
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13