Thread: Predator calls

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Predator calls

Hey guys and gals,
    Hunting season is over but i dont want to stop hunting. I am getting into predator hunting and i was looking for some info on what predator calls are the ones i should be packing around with me. I am looking for both mouth and electronic calls. I know fox pro is one of the best but after christmas it is a little out of my reach for a while. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks.
    Bone Trail Posse

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Primos e-caller is not bad and way cheaper than the fox pros and sounds as good...
    get a rabbit in distress, pup in distress, and maybe a mouse coaxer...but I mainly use my
    rabbit in distress...wolves have made calling them tough this year...I have called in 4 so far
    One just a few days ago! Got a Bobcat too!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't know how far the primos transmits but the fox pro goes around 400 yards which is very important for those smart coyotes that have played the game.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We were using them side by side...the Primos one we had worked great and was less than half of the fox pro...if you are only doing it a bit...I can not see paying the $300-700 for a fox pro depending on the model..if you are going to use it a lot go for it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I have a Fox Pro but honestly I think a lot of people are using them these days and the dogs I've hunted won't come in to it no matter what sounds I use. The best sound that I have luck with is the coyote Invitation. I prefer to us my hand calls. I use Primos. There ia a pack of three that has a red,white, and green call. The white is my favorite, good for all around calling. Rabbit in distress, kiyi, and all female barks and howels. The red for dominate male, and green for immature calls and squeaker. I've tried a lot of calls like the Quaker boy and others, but Primos are the best IMO

Thanks
    Congratulations
    For hand calls I use Primos, Verminator and Lockwood. I would make sure and get both open reed and closed reeds. The open reeds allow the most variation in sounds once you get used to them but the closed reeds are easier to use when you get started. My electronic is a FoxPro FX3. I talked to a guy the other day who picked up a refurbished FoxPro for around $200. (I'm not sure what model) Good Luck!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm partial to MossBack Game Calls. Haha, I am on their pro-staff and I love their calls. They do not have electronic calls, just mouth calls.. for an electronic call, I would go with a foxpro. They are pretty awesome electronic calls. MossBack has a lot of different mouth calls that are very easy to use. A lot of the calls are very versatile, which is why I like them. My favorite call from them is only $14.99 and it can be used as a cow elk call, distress call and howler. The key to predator hunting is definitely mixing up the calls. Coyotes are extremely smart and just like other animals they will learn your call if you are using the same everytime. Can you tell I just barely got done teaching at a predator seminar?! Haha. If you have any questions, let me know.. or if you want me to walk you through any of our calls, I would be more than happy to!