Thread: Pronghorn units

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    zbower how many points do you have?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    i have zero. but from what i was looking at on the mrs information that was just put out for wyoming it looks like under special license theres a good chance to draw a tag in this good unit. any other info that be great

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Area 83 will be real hard to draw

Thanks
    Congratulations
    mrs shows that i have a 80% chance of a draw in 83 with the special tag. and in that unit the last four years before that it was 100 draw so it looks to me that there are pretty good odds of drawling a tag but maybe i am wrong

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We applied for 78 last year with 2.5 points. According to the last year's MRS, we should have drawn. Well we were very excited to hear the results but for no reason as we were turned down again. After the odds came out, we didn't have much of a chance at all. I think the MRS gives good information but you have to realize that there are alot of other people reading those too. If the Eastmans are bragging about a certain unit and how easy it is to draw you can bet that will not be the case that following season.
    Hey GMX, I see you are up in that area. You ever do any good in there?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    63 is EXTREMELY over rated. They downgraded it to a green chip this year and that was probably 2 years overdue. 63 used to be good, no doubt about it. Once it was "discovered" so to speak the quality quickly tumbled. The mags are still pimping it but its got a lot of problems and is living on its past reputation. The amount of Antelope they take out of that unit is way way too high. Its close to Casper so it gets hammered by the locals and now everyone that has read a magazine about it. If you can get it for zero points it will still be a fun hunt, but don't expect to see many or any trophies. I really feel sorry for anyone who wastes points on this unit now....If you go I hope you do well but I suspect you will find the same results many others have the last 2-3 years.

That being said if you are looking for a trophy 75 is a much better bet than 83. 75 is in an area that historically produces B+C bucks, 83 is not, I really have no idea why they blue chipped that unit. Keep in mind with its new blue chip status the odds on that unit will change drastically this year, expect at least 100 more apps than last year.