Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hydration Bladder question

I have a Badlands Ultra Day pack I picked up this year and love it. I added a hydration bladder to it, also a Badlands. The plasitc taste of the water is horrible! I've used other before and don't remember of the taste being so strong. Any tricks? I've rinsed with hot water, ran 4-5 full bags of water through thinking maybe it was the water hose still the taste remains. Thanx for any input.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mine is the same way with my badlands. I dunno. I hesitate to put any flavoring in it due to it being harder to clean.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i use the hydration bladders that come from cabelas that came with their day backs and now use them in my eberlestock and i just rinse them out and air dry them for a few days but maybe it could be different materials or i know camelbak makes tablets for cleaning bladders maybe check that out

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The camelback tablets should work.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If you look at the inside of the bladder and it has a "slick" appearance, you might try adding a hot water and dish soap through the system. Thermoplastics like Polyurethane,Polyethylene and Ethylene Co-polymers (like EVA) can sometimes have an oily residue left behind following the molding process. You could also try a solution of either heavily salted water, or baking soda and water through the system. I haven't used a Badlands hydration bladder, but have used Camelbak and Platypus systems (prefer platypus, except in really cold situations), and haven't had to deal with the "plastic" taste; although I am pretty sure when I bought them they both said to wash and rinse thoroughly before use. Good luck; I hate that chemical taste. It would be a bummer if you have to ditch the bladder just to spend more cash on a new one.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanx ID I've used Camelbak before. With no taste issues I think I'm gonna buy a another and ditch this one. I might try the tabs first though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I ran vinegar and water through mine(badlands) and it seemed to work to get the plastic taste out. I run this solution through it at the end of my hunting year and let dry. When you fill it back up drain it once and the vinegar taste is gone.
    Shoot STR8

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTTIN View Post
    I ran vinegar and water through mine(badlands) and it seemed to work to get the plastic taste out. I run this solution through it at the end of my hunting year and let dry. When you fill it back up drain it once and the vinegar taste is gone.
    You would think Badlands would have figured out that the taste in their bladders and would have done something about it. Glad to hear it wasn't just me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    You would think Badlands would have figured out that the taste in their bladders and would have done something about it. Glad to hear it wasn't just me.
    I was just thinking the same thing! Mine is the same way. I'm also glad to hear that it wasn't just me. I'm going to have to try the tablets and see if I can get the taste out.