Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

AZ tag fees upfront?

Anyone know if AZ changed their draw system this year so that you don't have to front the tag fees anymore? I read that from somewhere else but am not sure if it's true or not. The MRS this month didn't mention it all so either it isn't true or else Eastmans dropped the ball big time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    Hey ND- From the AZ Game and Fish Draw info:

Fees
    Information about fees associated with the online
    draw process may be found on page 10.
    When submitting paper applications, each applicant
    shall enclose the following fees:
    1. The fee for the appropriate hunt permit-tag,
    which includes the permit application fee.
    2. Fee for a hunting license, if a license is requested.

You will need to front the tag fee. You can find all the info here: http://www.azgfd.gov/regs/elkregs.pdf

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the info Fink. What I was reading had to do with online applications and your card not getting charged until you drew a tag. I'll have to look into it some more myself.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ya that is correct they will have your card info and your card will take a hit if you get a tag. I hate it but GnF never does a whole lot that makes any sense to me. A ton more applicants for this very reason. Impossible to draw a tag the way it was, they have done this in the past then went back to paper apps and now back to the online crap... oh well...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    ND- Sorry, I mislead you, Shane is correct. I didnt read far enough into the regulations... Sure wish I would have read this part before I bought my point. Oh well..

Shane- How much do you think this will deteriorate draw odds? At least there is still the requirement for a $150 license, so that should somewhat limit the number of applicants.

Additionally, at the time of application you will only have to pay for the
    application fee, the license fee (if you have not previously purchased a
    license for the year in which the hunt takes place) and any donations
    you might wish to make to the Big Game Habitat Fund. Hunt permittag
    fees will be charged after the drawing is completed and you are
    successful in the draw. This eliminates the requirement to pay your
    tag fees in advance and/or issue a refund if you are not successful in
    the draw. Costs are identical to the paper application process. No additional
    fees are charged for using the online application.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the info shane.

Fink, I wouldn't say you mislead me because what you said is true! It just sucks that Eastmans didn't include that in the MRS. I mean thats a big part of why all of us buy the subscription to the magazine. If they don't give publish correct information, what's the point of subscribing? Is anybody else also frustrated by this?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My personal opinion is I would rather be able to apply for more hunts with worse draw odds since I don't 20,000 laying around to apply for all the hunts I would like to. Not having to front money let's me apply for more with less. Most of the hunts only have 1 -2% odds anyway. Besides that trying to keep up with all the different states and all changes from year to year is a lot of work and some of these changes are not implemented in timely fashion. Besides that double check all and every bit of info. Not everyone is perfect and it can be easy to miss info. Life is to short to worry about draw odds apply and hunt anywhere and everywhere you can while you can.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H3Dad View Post
    My personal opinion is I would rather be able to apply for more hunts with worse draw odds since I don't 20,000 laying around to apply for all the hunts I would like to. Not having to front money let's me apply for more with less. Most of the hunts only have 1 -2% odds anyway. Besides that trying to keep up with all the different states and all changes from year to year is a lot of work and some of these changes are not implemented in timely fashion. Besides that double check all and every bit of info. Not everyone is perfect and it can be easy to miss info. Life is to short to worry about draw odds apply and hunt anywhere and everywhere you can while you can.
    There's not a snowballs chance in haitis I could apply as many states as I do if that was the case! I cringe in April when Colorado is due and can't wait to get my dear John letter with that check. Same with California except you have to send that letter back to them if you want a refund! That's just plain crooked. Oh and wait 90 days. I think they are hoping you forget about it. (not gunna lie, almost did this year!)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    There's not a snowballs chance in haitis I could apply as many states as I do if that was the case! I cringe in April when Colorado is due and can't wait to get my dear John letter with that check. Same with California except you have to send that letter back to them if you want a refund! That's just plain crooked. Oh and wait 90 days. I think they are hoping you forget about it. (not gunna lie, almost did this year!)
    CO won't even let you use a credit card to apply! as a non-resident, even though you're fronting the fees! for sheep, goat, moose that is...