Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Delist the Wolf!!

I got this email today. Do your part and post a comment!

Take Action Today

Folks,

Big Action Alert today. We need your help to return wolves to state management in yet another state. Here is what is happening. US Fish and Wildlife Service's public comment period for Wyoming's wolf-delisting closes in two days, January 13, 2012.

Anti-sportsmen from all over America have been working hard to post comments in an attempt to derail the return of wolves to state management. They are working hard to outnumber comments from the good people of Wyoming.

Let's even the score.

Here is where it gets interesting. Reportedly, less than 2,000 comments have been made so far. This is because automatic comments are not permitted by Fish and Wildlife's system.

Approximately 20,000 Big Game Forever supporters can turn the tide. This one will take 5 minutes to go through the sign-in process for US Fish and Wildlife's system. It is worth your time to help the good people of Wyoming.

See the message below on how to make a comment. Once you are in the system, you can keep your comments very short. Simply indicate you support the right of Wyoming and all states to manage wolves and other wildlife.

Your comment can make a huge difference. Please take 5 minutes today to protect the future of wildlife in America. We are winning one state at a time.

There is currently two ways in which you may submit comments:
    1) - A hard copy can be submitted by U.S. mail to:
    Public Comments Processing
    Attn: FWS-R6-ES-2011-0039
    Division of Policy & Directives Management
    U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
    4401 North Fairfax Drive
    MS 2042-PDM
    Arlington, VA 22203
    2) - Via email
    To submit comments via email, in your search engine enter the following: http://www.regulations.gov. Once the link opens, look for the box which asks for a Keyword or ID. Enter FWS-R6-ES-2011-0039, then click the search button.
    The next screen look for the heading "Document Type" and place a check in the box before Proposed Rule (1).
    You should see below a section which should now read: 1 result for "FWS-R6-ES-2011-0039".
    Within the orange box titled "View by Relevance", you should see to the right Submit a Comment.
    Click on Submit a Comment and complete the form.

There are three Sections; 1. Enter Information, 2. Type Comment, and 3. Upload File(s).

Any information you enter in Section 1 will be available for all to read so use caution in how much information you provide. You may only want to provide a first name and your state. You may want to mention your affiliation with SFW or Big Game Forever. I would discourage you from providing your email address, phone number, etc as anyone with internet access will be able to view whatever you submit.

Your comments do not need to be lengthy but should clearly state you support the USFWS proposal to remove wolves from the list of Endangered and Threatened Species.

Once you have completed your comments click on the orange submit button and you should receive confirmation that your comments have been submitted.

Thanks again for your support and participation in this effort,

Ryan Benson
    http://biggameforever.org/
    ryandbenson@msn.com

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Done............

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I received it today also. Done deal.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    Done.......

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Done! Thanx for the info

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Done, I hope it helps

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hopefully they can get a season going for us but the Wolf Mangment Plan put in place by the fed govt in 2001 states that no hunting will be done for 5 years after the delisting of them but i know the state is working to amend that. Here is hoping cause on my MN moose hunt in 2010 i saw several and on my bear hunt in the boundary waters in 2008 we had an entire pack come into investigate our rabbit in distress calls.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I went to a hearing in Denver last night put on by usf&w. It was hours of commentors getting 2 minutes to express their opinion on if the grey wolf should be delisted as the usf&w thinks it should and let states manage their populations. My son and I left after the first half. We are screwed! The emotion and the passion that the wolf lovers have is amazing. I never heard one anti wolf speaker. The commenters , for the most part , were wildlife biology professors, wolf rescue volunteers, wildlife biology graduates ( or liked minded and educated), people who fell in love with the wolf when they visited yellowstone, kids ( as young as 7), you name it, they were there.
    People carrying posters with wolf kills and hunters posing with them were everywhere. One wolf lover, who started his 2 minutes saying that he had hunted in Alaska, had someone in the back shout out " MURDERER" during his comment period. A young girl couldn't even read what her mom had written down for her to say ( maybe she needed a teleprompter). Some commenters couldnt get thru 2 minutes without crying.
    We live amongst these people and they are everywhere! I knew this was going to be onesided but I was amazed at their passion and their numbers and what they will do to be heard.
    This wolf issue grew legs in 1978 and all the wolf lovers jumped on the band wagon and supported the usf&w but now because of healthy poulatios and population objectives have occured the usf&w wants to turn over management to states and the wolf lovers now are against the usf&w. They want it both ways. And they will probably get it. I don't know if there is enough money or people on our side to overcome the passion and emotion.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    I went to a hearing in Denver last night put on by usf&w. It was hours of commentors getting 2 minutes to express their opinion on if the grey wolf should be delisted as the usf&w thinks it should and let states manage their populations. My son and I left after the first half. We are screwed! The emotion and the passion that the wolf lovers have is amazing. I never heard one anti wolf speaker. The commenters , for the most part , were wildlife biology professors, wolf rescue volunteers, wildlife biology graduates ( or liked minded and educated), people who fell in love with the wolf when they visited yellowstone, kids ( as young as 7), you name it, they were there.
    People carrying posters with wolf kills and hunters posing with them were everywhere. One wolf lover, who started his 2 minutes saying that he had hunted in Alaska, had someone in the back shout out " MURDERER" during his comment period. A young girl couldn't even read what her mom had written down for her to say ( maybe she needed a teleprompter). Some commenters couldnt get thru 2 minutes without crying.
    We live amongst these people and they are everywhere! I knew this was going to be onesided but I was amazed at their passion and their numbers and what they will do to be heard.
    This wolf issue grew legs in 1978 and all the wolf lovers jumped on the band wagon and supported the usf&w but now because of healthy poulatios and population objectives have occured the usf&w wants to turn over management to states and the wolf lovers now are against the usf&w. They want it both ways. And they will probably get it. I don't know if there is enough money or people on our side to overcome the passion and emotion.
    I guess that's what we can expect from a meeting held in Denver. Freedom of speech, as long as you're a Democrat.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Did you expect anything less from DENVER....home of the liberals in Colorado. The USF&W schedules these in areas like this on purpose. Think they would ever have this type of hearing in Cheynne or Casper....I think not!

Just looked at an article from the Denver Post about the hearing. Seems like over 150 pro wolf supporters signed up to speak before anyone against signed. Sound like a little hanky panky to me.
    Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 11-20-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley