Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Historically we saw a great leader take over a country, and a people, then claim this..."if you tell a big enough lie and tell it often enough, it will be believed"

This is what we see often and regularly in the political fields. Both sides lie. Sorry if that ticks off your belief, but thats the truth. Neither side wants it the other way, so they embellish the facts to win the debate. In todays world we are overwhelmed, drowning in, and loosing to the drama queens of society,( my kids could lead that party! Lol). Those with reason, calm, wise demeanor are becoming extinct.
    The fact is, letting the wolves go unchecked at a state level, is like telling the city of LA the entire police force has taken a week vacation to Hawaii and will be back next friday. Think they will stay in check? Hahaha oh the fun that would be to watch on tv!

Truthfully, in my state, sportsman can hunt coyote's and leave em lay if they are not into keeping the fur. The state considers them predators that require a hunting license to shoot them, but also varmint that allows them to be discarded if you like......
    respectfully, our state has coyote's in some rather odd sizes....thank you history for great quotes for politicians to live by!
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    wolftalon, I don't buy the argument that states will let the wolves go unchecked. That is basically saying that the people of the state are not as smart as the people of the nation. When did we become uneducated just because we don't have an aggenda that is supported by people outside our state? We are intrusted to handle all of our wildlife except the wolf? How does that work?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 2 Posts
    DONE, I like to take them out to watch elk calves get torn from their mothers this spring.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think my actual point was misread from what I meant. I am and always have been very instrumental in getting wolves delisted. My point is, the feds think they can manage wildlife effectively. So they keep that job out of the states hands, thus keeping them unchecked at the state level.
    Those states, mine includes, that have taken on the responsibility have done marvelously at management of the wolf.
    I was saying figure of speech ways, leaving the city of LA to be controlled by just the few federal law enforcement officers and sending the entire city force on vacation is basically the same result as the feds managing wildlife vs a local agency doing so.
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Like others have stated this so called public hearing taking place in Denver pretty much set the tone for what voice would be heard. The Denver metro area is becoming as liberal as Boulder and that trend will continue. A good way to make De-listing permanent is to support groups like the the RMEF. Make donations to conservation groups that are actively looking out for the hunting interests in this fight.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    just come to Idaho you can get 5 a year. Good luck actually finding them though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    They always have these hearings in big city's far away from areas that have wolves. Personally I think decisions about wolves should be made by the people that are effected by them and wolf lovers hundreds of miles away should not have a say in it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Musket Man, there's no place in this arguement for common sense. Or so we're told...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    They held a second hearing the next day in Albq, NM and the outcome was just the opposite, Ranchers, hunters and anti wolf people packed the hearing and got their message across.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Did you expect anything less from DENVER....home of the liberals in Colorado. The USF&W schedules these in areas like this on purpose. Think they would ever have this type of hearing in Cheynne or Casper....I think not!

Just looked at an article from the Denver Post about the hearing. Seems like over 150 pro wolf supporters signed up to speak before anyone against signed. Sound like a little hanky panky to me.
    Sounds like a LOT of hanky panky & stacking the deck. Not giving hunters & ranchers/outfitters a chance to speak. Typical.