Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Bitterroot, thanks for the outlet tip!

Ceby7, The load too far away from the back is the problem.

Thanks
    I think someone mentioned Black Creeks Canadian pack... It's 40% off right now at a local sporting goods store.... Wayyyyy too small for me, I have a 22 inch torso and it wasn't even close. I wasn't very impressed with the weight either.

Thanks
    Skullwerx - what was it about the MR Longbow that turned you off?

I've tried the Eberlestock and Sitka (worst pack EVER!!) and the Eberlestock Dragonfly was a comfortable pack but was so unstable. I felt like it flopped around all the time with everything tightened down...just not that refined. It could carry a load though. I'm hoping the MR will take care of that refinement and still handle weight well. I agree on the prices though. There are so many options for $400 and under, MR hits a new high in the pack industry. Dana Gleason, I think, says it's due to his hardworking staff, but I honestly have no idea why they are so crazy pricey.

Thanks
    I got the blue widow and that thing is amazing and you can customize to your hearts content with the super spike, the bow butt bucket, tactical rifle scabord, small and large pouches it really is great used it on my antelope and mule deer trip to idaho hauled out both my bucks on my back in one load and three quaters of a nother for my friend and was super comfortable the entire time i am buying a second just for friends to have when they come hunting with me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 8750 View Post
    Another 2 cents on the super spike duffle system. Looks good on paper and I bought into it even though my gut said no. Now I know it is just plain stupid. It only took less than a minute with my pack loaded that way to realize what a terrible idea it is. I ditched it and repacked right away. What were they thinking? I dont think anyone tried it in the field before it went into production. Dont waste the money for that. Dumb, Dumb, and double dumb idea.
    Just wondering what you dont like about this i own one and love it i keep all my lightweight stuff in it like extra clothes and my mountain house meals and keep the heavier sruff up tight to my back and cinch the hole works down with the straps and it rides great for me. Personally i love it and so do the guys i hunr with.

Thanks
    I like the set up as well. I put the heavy stuff in the cargo pouch and the light stuff zips on behind in the duffel. It's a great place for a down sleeping bag, pack pillow, sleeping pad etc. All relatively light but take up precious room.

As for the hydration bladder in the rifle scabbard that was mentioned earlier. My bladder has a hook on the top, I use about a 3" piece of cord tied from the top handle to a tiny s clip and just clip the bladder up so it stays where I want it.

Thanks
    I'm kind of suprised to see no one has mentioned the Kifaru Timberline. It looks like a solid pack, and I think I am going to be trading in my MR CC for one here soon.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie07 View Post
    I'm kind of suprised to see no one has mentioned the Kifaru Timberline. It looks like a solid pack, and I think I am going to be trading in my MR CC for one here soon.
    Probably a good pack but I don't see it replacing my MR CC. Just love this pack the way I can drop camp and fold everything up and still hunt out of it. Just don't see me ever replacing it. I do go through other packs as well but that is a mainstay for me.
    Keep us posted if you make the switch.

Thanks
    I ended up buying a MR NICE 6500. It is the most rugged pack I could find that is versatile from 3 days to 10 days. Very comfortable. I know there are people deadset on ultralight but I'm deadset on durability. Hands down the best pack for hunters that "USE AND ABUSE" their stuff.

Thanks
    I had any Eberlestock...got a Mystery Ranch CC and gave my Eberlestock away...I love my CC...if it were stolen today I would have to buy a new one tomorrow.