Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

MR Crew Cab or Eberlestock Blue Widow?

Like them both. I have tried on the BW with about 40 lbs on it and it was very comfortable. Unfortunately you can't try on a Crew Cab without knowing someone with one. Any opinions would help.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I really like my eberlestock j104 which is really similar to the blue widow, but I can say the suspension on the Kuiu Icon 6000 is much superior. You might want to add it to your options. I have never heard of anyone that didn't like their crew cab, other than the weight.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    I really like my eberlestock j104 which is really similar to the blue widow, but I can say the suspension on the Kuiu Icon 6000 is much superior. You might want to add it to your options. I have never heard of anyone that didn't like their crew cab, other than the weight.
    How long of a trip have you done in your 104? I'm looking for something versatile enough to take on 2 day trips as well as 5-7 day trips. I really like how you can separate your meat from your camp things using a spike duffel.
    I was considering a KUIU but I'd rather sacrifice a little weight for durability.
    I've also been reading up on the MR 6500. But not to sure if I would like everything in one big compartment.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had my Kuiu for a 3-day trip. Room is NOT a problem, With the hood fully utilized, you can stuff a lot of junk in there. I have also used it for day hunts, and the thing packs down small, there is a ton of adjustability with the many straps it has, and they all use the same QR clips. There is a meat cell that separates the meat from the rest of the cargo, and puts it right against the carbon fiber frame. Meat in the Eberlestock just ends up as a big ball at the bottom. I use stuff sacks like spike camp duffels. there are bunches of pockets, maybe too many for my taste. It is certainly lightweight, it would save you around 3 pounds over the other packs you listed. It seems durable to me, but I will still have to put some more tough miles on it first.

The Icon's best feature is the suspension. It is super-adjustable, and super comfortable for me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had my Kuiu for a 3-day trip. Room is NOT a problem, With the hood fully utilized, you can stuff a lot of junk in there. I have also used it for day hunts, and the thing packs down small, there is a ton of adjustability with the many straps it has, and they all use the same QR clips. There is a meat cell that separates the meat from the rest of the cargo, and puts it right against the carbon fiber frame. Meat in the Eberlestock just ends up as a big ball at the bottom. I use stuff sacks like spike camp duffels. there are bunches of pockets, maybe too many for my taste. It is certainly lightweight, it would save you around 3 pounds over the other packs you listed. It seems durable to me, but I will still have to put some more tough miles on it first.

The Icon's best feature is the suspension. It is super-adjustable, and super comfortable for me.
    Do you still have this pack? Is this the one with the super light weight frame?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I love my j107 and it's versatility but if money is no obstacle the high dollar packs get a lot of great reviews. I may try one someday but I think a blacks creek g11 may be the next pack I try.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Do you still have this pack? Is this the one with the super light weight frame?
    Yeah I still have it. It will be my primary backpack-hunting backpack this year. The whole things scales out at 5 pounds. Pretty light, and the carbon fiber looks sexy.

I still use my J104 for day hunting. I love that gun scabbard.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yeah I still have it. It will be my primary backpack-hunting backpack this year. The whole things scales out at 5 pounds. Pretty light, and the carbon fiber looks sexy.

I still use my J104 for day hunting. I love that gun scabbard.
    Wow 5 pounds is awesome . The KUIU does look like a sweet system with that carbon fiber frame and suspension. Warranty looks good too on them. I have one of the older J packs Eberlestock and the gun scabbard is nice but that KUIU looks awesome.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Can you get a descent load on it? I use the Cabelas Alaskan Extreme and with my "modification" I have it under 5 lbs. This year in the bob I had it at 55 lbs and it is a dream, it carries weight so well. My only complaint or 2 is it is a bit noisy with no load. and the external frame hits branches in thick cover. Again, it's loud. But I would hold it up against anything when it comes to carrying weight. Just curious as to what else is out there for daily use and carrying a load if something goes down?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by T43 View Post
    I love my j107 and it's versatility but if money is no obstacle the high dollar packs get a lot of great reviews. I may try one someday but I think a blacks creek g11 may be the next pack I try.
    Thanks for the tip... i do like the Canadian.