Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Can you get a descent load on it? I use the Cabelas Alaskan Extreme and with my "modification" I have it under 5 lbs. This year in the bob I had it at 55 lbs and it is a dream, it carries weight so well. My only complaint or 2 is it is a bit noisy with no load. and the external frame hits branches in thick cover. Again, it's loud. But I would hold it up against anything when it comes to carrying weight. Just curious as to what else is out there for daily use and carrying a load if something goes down?
    I haven't used it in a pack out yet, but it was designed as a pack for hauling out an entire sheep. I am confident 120 pounds won't be too much, but we will hopefully see soon.

Eberlestock Just One packs are also designed with "daily use and carrying a load" in mind.

Thanks
    hmm.... Good to know. I'm still thinking about this avenue. I may have to buy you some lunch and check it out....

Thanks
    BB... WOW... I just read the review of the KUIU 3000 in the pack section... Very VERY impressive. Lead me to these questions. How is the breatheability of your back? And.... Do you have a place to store your rifle when hiking?

Thanks
    Montana,

The breathabiliity is awesome! Due to the carbon fiber external frame, the only points of contact on your back are the straps and hipbelt. The rest is just free flowing air! Much superior to the BC Canadian and Eberle J104. The rifle is easy to lash on the side of the pack in a variety of ways. Kuiu has how-to videos on Youtube showing how to put a rifle and bow on the pack.

You mentioned liking the BC Canadian. I have a Canadian (Part of the SWAG from Eastmans a few years ago for an article), and I really like that pack too, but not as much as my J104 or Icon 6000. the Icon is like a lighter, higher-tech version of the Canadian. The meat goes right on your back, it expands, there are lots of organizational pockets, etc.

Thanks
    Reading about Jason Hairston-Kuiu on their web site it sounds like they have a good grasp on what hunters need/want in products and he has a good background in the outdoor business side. The biggest combination factor will be if Kuiu conquered the lowering pack weight and sacrificing pack durability barrier.

I like the design of the pack. Like Bitterroot Bulls wrote earlier I like the idea of using stuff sacks in a similar fashion of the Spike duffle of Eberlestock. For me using my Eberlestock I've found there is only so far out I can go lashing stuff away from my back before I'm walking like the Hunchback of Notre Dame due to balance issues. If Kuiu Icon 6000 will do the 120 pound load and carry well, I'd be more than happy with that load. That's about the max limit I'd want to carry up and down the mountains at least.

Thanks
    Thanks Gents.... I could never dream of a 120 pd load 70 is around my top end for any kind of pack out. And would consider 70 lbs as a pack IN failure from the start Kuiu may be moving in as a front runner. Thanks again!!

Thanks
    Have not tried the KUIU 3000 but the Mystery Ranch Crew Cab is by far my best pack to date and I have owned a bunch of packs to say the least. The MR is the only pack I have owned that I feel very comfortable wearing all day long without getting fatigued or sore from hot spots etc. Wouldn't hesitate to punch the trigger on their packs

Thanks
    I just about pulled the trigger on the crew cab but was told that they are coming out with a pack similar the the 3-day assult but with a rifle scabord next to the back. So for now its just wait and see.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ontarget7 View Post
    Have not tried the KUIU 3000 but the Mystery Ranch Crew Cab is by far my best pack to date and I have owned a bunch of packs to say the least. The MR is the only pack I have owned that I feel very comfortable wearing all day long without getting fatigued or sore from hot spots etc. Wouldn't hesitate to punch the trigger on their packs
    Yeah... That is a pretty consistent answer across the board for the MR....... I wish it wasn't so crazy expensive.

Thanks Big Sky... Good tip

Thanks
    I had the J107 but sold it for the Blue Widow. Both packs are excellent and an upgrade from my trusty Gregory 7000 cu. The only complaint I have so far is the water bladder pockets are kind of a pain. The locations don't make sense to me, but I am using a platypus bladder instead of the eberelstock bladders.