Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    8750, i was wondering how it would work to put the bladder in the rifle scabbard pocket, is there any reason it wouldnt work?
    Ill give up all my hunting in Michigan for 2 weeks in the high country

Thanks
    Congratulations
    miller1... I do that, but it always falls to the bottom and then the tube is too short or gets pinched. I need to sew in a stuff sack or somthing to hold it in place. my other packs (non hunting) have bladder sleeves in the middle of the pack right next to the back. I so wish eberlestock would use this idea of putting the water bladder as close to the back as possible, since water is usually the heaviest item in a pack other than meat. instead on the blue widow the bladder sleeves are on the sides of the pack. When 3 liters of water are on one side of the pack it makes the load off balance and very annoying. Oh well I will fix this situation with a speedy sticher before summer roles around. So many parts of the pack are very well thought out, yet this oversight in design with respect to hydration makes me wonder just how much product testing was done before the packs went on the market. I still love it and the price difference between the blue widow and the mystery ranch is just not justifiable. I dont care if the pack shoots off fireworks when your arrow connects with a trophy, no backpack is worth $600++. especially when you cant even try it on first. MR Crew Cab will never be worth it to me, unless of course they want to give me a sponsorship and free gear. In my opinion hunting pack manufacturers are way behind the times in technology when it comes to the fundamentals like suspension and load distribution. maybe MR has it together, but at twice the price of any other pack on the market, hunting and non-hunting, I just dont get it. Or should I say wont get it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 8750 View Post
    miller1... I do that, but it always falls to the bottom and then the tube is too short or gets pinched. I need to sew in a stuff sack or somthing to hold it in place. my other packs (non hunting) have bladder sleeves in the middle of the pack right next to the back. I so wish eberlestock would use this idea of putting the water bladder as close to the back as possible, since water is usually the heaviest item in a pack other than meat. instead on the blue widow the bladder sleeves are on the sides of the pack. When 3 liters of water are on one side of the pack it makes the load off balance and very annoying. Oh well I will fix this situation with a speedy sticher before summer roles around. So many parts of the pack are very well thought out, yet this oversight in design with respect to hydration makes me wonder just how much product testing was done before the packs went on the market. I still love it and the price difference between the blue widow and the mystery ranch is just not justifiable. I dont care if the pack shoots off fireworks when your arrow connects with a trophy, no backpack is worth $600++. especially when you cant even try it on first. MR Crew Cab will never be worth it to me, unless of course they want to give me a sponsorship and free gear. In my opinion hunting pack manufacturers are way behind the times in technology when it comes to the fundamentals like suspension and load distribution. maybe MR has it together, but at twice the price of any other pack on the market, hunting and non-hunting, I just dont get it. Or should I say wont get it.
    I think I am there with you 8750... It's getting a bit out of control. In the climbing industry, you can get some high quality packs for half the price.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Montana.... Better packs for half the price!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Another 2 cents on the super spike duffle system. Looks good on paper and I bought into it even though my gut said no. Now I know it is just plain stupid. It only took less than a minute with my pack loaded that way to realize what a terrible idea it is. I ditched it and repacked right away. What were they thinking? I dont think anyone tried it in the field before it went into production. Dont waste the money for that. Dumb, Dumb, and double dumb idea.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 15 Times in 1 Post
    I have a Blue Widow. Not real comfy on longer hauls. I am 6'2" about 200lbs. It was to short for the load lifter straps to work as lifter straps and transfer weight to waist. I picked up a MR Longbow thinking it was going to be the ticket. It wasn't The bag was nicely laid out and it is a quality pack. Once again the lifter straps worked more as stabilizing straps. Sold it and got a Kifaru EMR frame and cargo panel. It fits like a dream and the lifter straps work I am not saying anything bad about the other 2 packs I mentioned but they didn't' fit me..

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Skullwerx,
    I had the same problem as I am 6'1 180lbs. I had to use the upper slots that are not intended for the shoulder straps to get a good fit. maxed out like this the pack just barely fits me. Ive hiked up to 6-7 miles in one shot fully loaded and I cant really complain too much about the comfort. My big Gregory is more comfortable with heavy loads and long distances, but I guess a little sacrifice is in order for a pack that doubles as a day pack and a long hauler.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Bitteroot,
    I just checked out the Kuiu. That seems like the ticket. still too much money IMO at $250for the bag and $299 for the frame. Maybe an option for me when I strike it rich someday

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 2 Posts
    Another 2 cents on the super spike duffle system. Looks good on paper and I bought into it even though my gut said no. Now I know it is just plain stupid. It only took less than a minute with my pack loaded that way to realize what a terrible idea it is. I ditched it and repacked right away. What were they thinking? I dont think anyone tried it in the field before it went into production. Dont waste the money for that. Dumb, Dumb, and double dumb idea.
    What in particular don't you like about the spike duffle system? Does is put the load too far from your back, it looks like it could? Just curious, I don't own an Eberlestock, but I have been looking at them.
    I recognized long ago that if I have a warehouse full of guns, but no public land or public wildlife, I have nothing!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Bitteroot,
    I just checked out the Kuiu. That seems like the ticket. still too much money IMO at $250for the bag and $299 for the frame. Maybe an option for me when I strike it rich someday
    They are expensive, for sure.

Keep an eye on the Kuiu outlet. They will occasionally have combo deals on frame and pack for under 300 total.

The expense might be worth it about 6 miles into a high country pack-out.