Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Apologies extended to Old hunter.

(And if you haven't sued your old boss yet get an attorney and get some retribution)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by jenbickel View Post

CAN I GET AN AMEN?!
    Well put Jen!!!!! And damn that looks like a good place to throw out a line, sit down in a chair and crack open a beer.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe Nob View Post
    Apologies extended to Old hunter.
    Thanks....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    if they only give 10% or less of the total tags then they should be the same price. If they want to take the tag % quatas off then let them charge what ever they want.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by cacklercrazy View Post
    if they only give 10% or less of the total tags then they should be the same price. If they want to take the tag % quatas off then let them charge what ever they want.
    I never really understood this limiting to 10% either, never made much sense, ie if they issue 100k tags, and only 10k non-residents apply then naturally only 10% of the tags would be to non-residents in the first place.

I'm willing to bet that more residents always apply for tags than non-residents. Let the draw just work itself out, if one year it's 12% great, if the next year only 8% get lucky fine. But why set a limit before the draw even occurs. # of applicants alone should kinda solve this problem in the first place.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Can't remember which one of the state's hunting pamphlet I read this in, but the policy was if resident applications did not use their quota, then the NR tags could increase to fill the total quota. Guess that meant that the NR quotas could actually float and reflect demend rather than a strict quota.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Can't remember which one of the state's hunting pamphlet I read this in, but the policy was if resident applications did not use their quota, then the NR tags could increase to fill the total quota. Guess that meant that the NR quotas could actually float and reflect demend rather than a strict quota.
    I know ID gives some resident hunters the option of a 2nd bull elk tag but they must purchase the 2nd tag at non-resident prices. At least when there are left over non-res elk tags.

Actually I think this is what happened in NM, reducing NR tags from 22 to 16% or whatever, I think in certain cases non-residents had better draw odds than residents, which goes back to why even separate the tags/pools, but it makes sense if 100k residents are applying for a certain unit, vs. only 2k non-residents, there will always be more residents applying in a state than non-residents.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 37 Times in 2 Posts
    10% of tags for non residents unless there are left over tags. Non residents should also have to pay more than residents. Most people can't afford to travel to other states and allowing the whole country to put in for tags and have the same shot takes oppourtunities from residents of that state. I want to be able to hunt my own state as a resident every year and if I have some extra cash I will spend it going to another state. Everyone should quit whinning about expensive non resident tags. Enjoy your home state and if you think the grass is greener on the other side than MOVE!
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Absolutely.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If you find yourself coveting the resident prices in another state then quit with the excuses and move there. It's the same old saw; that somehow the resident needs to extend the priveledge of an in-state tag to a non-resident. You move to that state, pay taxes, invest in the community, put up with a shortage of services, etc. --THEN you can get some benefits, i.e.; a resident price tag. I have no sympathy for the jerks who think the world owes them something, when all they can think of is to hold out their hand. Get a life.