Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new boots?

Thanks
    Ive had good luck with UA Ridgereeper. I had great luck with Danner and Vasque too.

Thanks
    I worked wild land for five seasons. I learned to take care of my feet. I wear la sportiva glacier evos. They are the best boots for me. They have awesome ankle support. A little warm in summer months but not too hot. They do not have a huge heel which I love because it is more of a natural walking postion. We are not made to wear heals. They also have a big toe box which takes some getting used to but is also more natural. They are fairly popular in the wildland setting for good reasons. I lost count on how many pairs I have bought. Scarpa is also a popular boot there also. Oh as far as break in time, I bought a new pair half way through season and spent the next 2 weeks working 16 hour days on a hotshot crew in Idaho national forest. No blisters. I wear these boots religiously out in the field, it doesn't matter what I'm doing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by packer58 View Post
    Danner Jackal's, super light weight with VERY comfortable insoles. I'm on my second pair now and both have been hunt ready out of the box, no break-in required. These boots IMO are geared towards mild season hunts with little or no snow.
    I have the same boots for early season. Quiet soles, waterproof, and light weight. I hunt alot of granite here in CA and these boots have the best gripping sole I have used yet on that rock. Two thumbs up!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsmallfield View Post
    I have the same boots for early season. Quiet soles, waterproof, and light weight. I hunt alot of granite here in CA and these boots have the best gripping sole I have used yet on that rock. Two thumbs up!
    Danner Jackal's for me too. I just bought them last year, and put several miles on them right out of the box. Several days were 5 miles a day with the longest trek being 15 miles and never had a blister or hot spot. Very good for early season.
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    I worked wild land for five seasons. I learned to take care of my feet. I wear la sportiva glacier evos. They are the best boots for me. They have awesome ankle support. A little warm in summer months but not too hot. They do not have a huge heel which I love because it is more of a natural walking postion. We are not made to wear heals. They also have a big toe box which takes some getting used to but is also more natural. They are fairly popular in the wildland setting for good reasons. I lost count on how many pairs I have bought. Scarpa is also a popular boot there also. Oh as far as break in time, I bought a new pair half way through season and spent the next 2 weeks working 16 hour days on a hotshot crew in Idaho national forest. No blisters. I wear these boots religiously out in the field, it doesn't matter what I'm doing.
    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/la-...r-men~p~2063u/

Looks like a good sale for them if anyone is interested in the boots.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JNDEER View Post
    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/la-...r-men~p~2063u/

Looks like a good sale for them if anyone is interested in the boots.
    Wow that is a good deal! I wish they weren't sold out, I would stock up. Those are the evo 2s. I think they are a little heavier than the originals. I can't remember. I have had both.

Thanks
    Last season i bought my second pair of Wolverine Antelopes! The first set took many many miles of tough ground. They are so light! Easy to step light and move fast with out clunking around. The tread grips awesome in rocks. Water proofness isn't much to brag on though,got maybe a year out of the first set and expect the same from these before they start getting damp and then soaked. They are a tad warm with the Scent Blocker when it gets real hot. Also i would go a half size smaller than other boots. Sale price would decide my choice between these and the danner jackels.

Thanks
    I wore Under Armour Speedfreaks all last season and wouldn't trade them for anything. Super light, comfortable, and they kept my feet dry. A great boot in my opinion. Put a lot of miles on those things this past season and they've held up great.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks
    I have been using the Schnees Granite..not super light..but really comfortable and great support..like a lot better than the Kenetreks...I just picked up the Schnees Wilderness..this boot is awesome..super comfortable and have put on some miles with them and no problems with very little break in...did a couple of steep hard hikes in them wolve hunting...like them a lot right now...
    I used to use the Asolo GTX...light weight rugged..good boot
    But checkout the Schnees Mountain series...

Thanks
    tried crispis this year. served me well from october coon hunts in pa to january muley hunts in nm.