Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedneckRyRy View Post
    Three of us hunted the opening week. We had a great time. We each killed a buck. Looked over quite a few before we punched all the tags. Camping on the miracle mile was excellent. Very happy to have picked up these left over tags. Can't wait to do it again.
    We want pictures , we want pictures ! LOL !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by RedneckRyRy View Post
    I got a 63-2 tag this year as well. It's my first speed goat hunting trip and I'm looking forward to it. My wife and I took a trip last summer that took us through Wyoming. I absolutely fell in love with the place and can't wait to get back.

I plan on camping during the hunt. Does anyone have any suggestions for good camping spots? It would be nice to camp on BLM land and not have to pay a camp site fee somewhere else, however if someone knows a nice place that would be worth spending a few bucks for a spot I'd be interested in hearing about it.

I'd welcome any other advice/tips you may have as well about the area.

Thanks
    We had a hard time finding our way to and around this park, as the directions in Woodall's were inadequate. As stated in another review, going west, drive to the top of the hill and take a left on to Lakeshore Drive. The map from the grocery store did not indicate where the main campground was, so we pulled down by the lake, and boon docked there. The site was lovely, but we had some trouble leveling, and access by the road was tricky for our 40 foot RV. Still the place is unusually beautiful, and we would surely stay here again. The site is close to Independence Rock, an icon and important stopping place for emigrants on the Oregon Trail. We camped here in a Motorhome.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 1 Post
    My brother-in-law and I camped on the Miracle Mile and hunted last Thurs afternoon thru Sat. morning. Lots of 11-12" bucks running around. Both of our bucks ended up being right about 14" with only one other buck seen that was taller...maybe 15". Had a blast though. It's nice to have a laid back hunt every now and then, since the elk and deer can kick your butt over the course of a week.

The fishing was excellent on the river as well as we fished Sat. afternoon and Sun. morning before heading back to Salt Lake. Derrick landed a 24" brown and I landed a 19.5" rainbow on my 3-weight fly rod. I lost 4 others that were just as big or bigger- two of them I couldn't even stop their initial runs before my hook finally pulled out. Can't beat a combo trip, and I'll definitely look into this area again next year. Just hope there is some more moisture for horn growth. There was water scattered about in creeks and springs, but the majority of the unit looked pretty bone dry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120922-00633.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	4236; Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Derrick WY 2012 Goat.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	4237;Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Derrick Fish.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	4238;Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mike Fish.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	4239

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Looks like a great trip to me. Congrats!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nice lopers.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by MWScott72 View Post
    My brother-in-law and I camped on the Miracle Mile and hunted last Thurs afternoon thru Sat. morning. Lots of 11-12" bucks running around. Both of our bucks ended up being right about 14" with only one other buck seen that was taller...maybe 15". Had a blast though. It's nice to have a laid back hunt every now and then, since the elk and deer can kick your butt over the course of a week.

The fishing was excellent on the river as well as we fished Sat. afternoon and Sun. morning before heading back to Salt Lake. Derrick landed a 24" brown and I landed a 19.5" rainbow on my 3-weight fly rod. I lost 4 others that were just as big or bigger- two of them I couldn't even stop their initial runs before my hook finally pulled out. Can't beat a combo trip, and I'll definitely look into this area again next year. Just hope there is some more moisture for horn growth. There was water scattered about in creeks and springs, but the majority of the unit looked pretty bone dry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120922-00633.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	4236; Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Derrick WY 2012 Goat.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	4237;Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Derrick Fish.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	4238;Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mike Fish.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	4239
    Sounds like a fun trip, those are some nice fish. You won't get 63 tags as leftovers next year, there were only leftover tags this year because of a mistake. You might be able to draw it first choice in the special but it will probably never see leftovers again.