Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 1 Post

Food the packs a punch :)

So I am currently training and trying to of course build muscle and lose fat... It's for an MMA fight I have coming up in March. I was just curious if anyone had any suggestions of good foods to eat? Thanks

Haha the title was supposed to be food that packs a punch...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Where are you fighting at Jen? I think that would be fun to watch one of our own take on someone! You go Jen!
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Haha thanks!! I am just fighting here in Sheridan, WY. We have "Friday night fights" which is a pretty big thing in our little town!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i would probably just google it lol just like you were doing research for a hunt and find some info that u like and go with it im sure theres tons of info oout there MMA is really taking off in the world of sports

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have googled it and didn't find nearly as much information as I would have hoped for. I figured it would probably be around the same foods as people take hunting.. a lot of protein packed stuff. I just thought that maybe the guys on here would have some suggestions of what they take with them hunting and then maybe I could not only get some ideas for my training but for the next hunting season as well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    You got it.

Lots of protein, little fat, little carbs, lots and lots of fresh veggies.

Egg whites, fish, lean chicken.

Stir fry with very little oil is great.

Good luck on your fight and keep the EFF (Eastman's Forums Faithful) posted!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    So I should put down the box of Mike and Ike's? lol Thanks Bitterroot!! I will definitely keep the EFF posted.. Haha y'all are like family to me now!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    Another point to think about:

Train like you are running a marathon. Lots of cardio work. MMA is an endurance event. When you get closer to fight time, you can change your diet to include more carbs to prepare for the energy drain of the fight.

I'm excited to hear how it goes for you.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What gym do you train with? Might have to cruise down there with some guys from my gym to watch.
    As far as a diet pretty much what bitter said if your trying to get more lean and not bulk up before the fight. It depends on your weight now and your fight weight.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 53 Times in 9 Posts
    I'm in the same boat as you Jen. Starting to train hard for my 100 mile cycling event. I did it last year and placed 11th out of 600 or so, so I'm determined to make a good run at it again this year. I have more work to do to get in shape than I did at this time last year. It's at the end of April. Proper nutrition is definitely one of the most important factors for training... probably second only to mental determination. If you have those two criteria up to snuff, your training itself will fall into place just fine. Like an MMA fight, long distance cycling is an endurance event. To train for this you need to work on cardio... which means you need both CARBS and PROTEIN. Carbs will fuel your workouts, protein will repair your muscles. The tricky part is to not eat too many more carbs than you will be burning! During training I eat a ton of pasta, vegetables, fish/ chicken/ wild game, and protein shakes. Not much else as boring as it sounds... but it's worth it. I honestly think a big mutivitamin every day is beneficial also. If you feel like snacking on junk... JUST DRINK A BUNCH OF WATER. Last year I cut out all the fatty, greasy, junky stuff and I felt soo good. I slept better at night, and I was more alert during the day. My only fault was coffee... I drink at least 3 big cups throughout the day. Something that might keep you motivated is taking a picture of yourself every week in order to see your progress as you go along. It may feel awkward at first (it did for me) but after a few weeks it's pretty cool to see what the body is capable of. Train hard and set your goals high Jen, you will do great! I just started my heavy training and strict diet last week so if you want to share tips as we go along, PM me.