Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    I bought a 7x14 plus a 3. Ft v nose tandem axels built a set of bunk bed that go across the back that raise and lower so I can load and haul 2 atv's in in the front v nose I built a Formica top that you can cook on etc it has one shelf under it to hold what ever. Under the shelf up front I installed a 16000 btu RV heater with forced air fan that runs on 12 volt along with 12 volt lights I also made a fold up table on 1 side about 34x34 inches is really nice being able to sleep on a full size twin size mattress I fully insulated the walls and ceiling but not the floor I am pleased on how it came out but the mileage pulling it sucks 11 mpg diesel.I also have it wired and have 4 2ft fluorescent lights and 2 110 volt recepitals installed to runoff a generator. Hope this helps someone . John

Thanks

Trailer conversion

I bought a 7x14 plus a 3. Ft v nose tandem axels built a set of bunk bed that go across the back that raise and lower so I can load and haul 2 atv's in in the front v nose I built a Formica top that you can cook on etc it has one shelf under it to hold what ever. Under the shelf up front I installed a 16000 btu RV heater with forced air fan that runs on 12 volt along with 12 volt lights I also made a fold up table on 1 side about 34x34 inches is really nice being able to sleep on a full size twin size mattress I fully insulated the walls and ceiling but not the floor I am pleased on how it came out but the mileage pulling it sucks 11 mpg diesel.I also have it wired and have 4 2ft fluorescent lights and 2 110 volt recepitals installed to runoff a generator. Hope this helps someone . John

Thanks
    Well, here's an update on the progress of my cargo trailer mod. I installed a lockable RV style door latch on the man door.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0128.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	5546

Pulled out all the plywood, insulated with rigid sheets, fully wired for inside and outside lighting and reinstalled the plywood. Also applied a few coats of Thompsons water seal to both sides of the plywood before install.

Name:	IMG_0133.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	5547

Installed RV outside lights, three on the man door side and two on the other, all individually switched.

Name:	IMG_0135.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	5548

Installed two RV deep cycles wire in series up front in the V portion, with the RV plug the batteries will be charging while in tow. Also fused all my light circuits.

Name:	IMG_0171.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	5549

Here's a pick of the switch panel I put together, all lights have there own switch.

Name:	IMG_0173.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	5550

Still have to install the fold up cots and table, insulate the ceiling and sheet it. I also picked up a 20 watt solar panel with controller, i'll mount it on the roof up front.
    Last edited by packer58; 05-18-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Thanks
    Looking good!

Thanks
    Nice little project you got going. Looks good
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    My brother and i have wanted to this project for a long time man. And you have a great start i will be following your progress

Thanks
    Looks awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks
    I can't wait to see the finished product either, unfortunately I have a tendency to never completely finish a project. Just keep adding things and tweaking others. Hopefully on this project I'll know when to stop and just use it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by packer58 View Post
    I can't wait to see the finished product either, unfortunately I have a tendency to never completely finish a project. Just keep adding things and tweaking others. Hopefully on this project I'll know when to stop and just use it.
    i would highly suggest a bug net on both doors and stitch it pieces of medal with magnets on the frame to keep out bugs or use Velcro.. i did that to my hunting trailer and made life much easier in the field!!!

Thanks
    Good tip.......Thanks Trevor