Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Ruttin- I took some, they are so squirmy it's hard to get a good picture that's not blurry!

8750- I wondered that too but I adopted her November 9th and dogs are pregnant for around 60 days so she got pregnant after I got her.

I talked to the animal shelter and they were very nice about it. They offered to take the puppies if I needed or supply me with any help I may need. They also said that once the puppies dont rely on mom anymore, to call and make an appointment and they will spay her again. Hahaha.

Thanks
    That must have been some sort of surprise!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gary5465 View Post
    That must have been some sort of surprise!
    lol yes it was!!! I noticed she was getting fat but chocked it up to her eating like a horse since they said she was spayed.. haha little did I know!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jenbickel View Post
    So back in November, I adopted a cute bluetick from our local animal shelter. The animal shelter here spays all the dogs they adopt out. I even have paperwork saying that she was spayed... Well last night at around 11:30 pm, she had puppies. Has anyone heard of this happening? I didn't know it was possible.. Now I have 7 new puppies.. Anyone want a bluetick - mini australian shepherd mix?! Hahaha.. Now I have 2 dogs, 7 puppies and 2 kids..at least I should never get bored!
    Let's see..............2 dogs, 7 puppies and 2 youngins............HMMMM..........I think if you pick up a couple gold fish and a pet turtle you"ll have all the bases covered

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by packer58 View Post
    Let's see..............2 dogs, 7 puppies and 2 youngins............HMMMM..........I think if you pick up a couple gold fish and a pet turtle you"ll have all the bases covered
    Lol I might as well!! Maybe that's why I'm single... You come over to my house and it looks like I have a mini zoo... There's kids stuff everywhere and dead animals all over the walls. Haha.

Thanks
    Well, hope this doesn't come across as two personal, but what your describing isn't all bad. Use it to your advantage, if your date makes it through dinner.......thats all good. If he doesn't make it through dinner remind him there's still room for one more on the wall !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    lol you crack me up!

Thanks
    We got a cat from a shelter, and when she was spayed, the vet could only find one ovary. A few monthes later, she came into heat. We brought her to the vet, he spayed her again, removing the second ovary. He explained that it's not extremely rare for animals to have only one ovary, and that's why he thought the first spaying was successful. He also said that they can have 2 ovaries removed, and a third remaining ovary can cause pregnancy. Lucky you!
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Thanks
    So what was the out come on this....did you find out why ?
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muleys 24/7 View Post
    So what was the out come on this....did you find out why ?
    Nope. The shelter didn't have an explanation for me. They just said to bring her back once the puppies are old enough to be on their own and they will re-spay her. I should have expected it.. anytime there is even the slightest 1% chance of something happening, it happens to me. I'm definitely surprised I don't have more kids than I do! Haha!