Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Ram

Thanks
    Man! He is AWESOME CoHi! How many weighted points did you have? What unit? Did you see many sheep?
    Nothing to sell.
    Nothing to promote.
    Love to hunt!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rickinnoco View Post
    Man! He is AWESOME CoHi! How many weighted points did you have? What unit? Did you see many sheep?
    Thanks, I had 7 points total. It's an S6 Ram. I backpacked/ scouted all summer, even went on the sheep counts with the DOW. I didn't see what I would call a lot of sheep, and they were never in the same place twice. I saw sheep just not as many as I thought I would. I found a band of sheep the first day of the hunt, mostly real small rams with one 5/8 and one 3/4 curl. It took about 4 hours to stalk over to them since they were in the wide open. They finally fed up and over the mountain so I hustled over there... to make a long story short I got within 100 yds inching closer and closer on my butt not being able to see them due to the rocks and downhill angle. I finally got to where I could lift my head up and see them so I slowly raised up on my shooting sticks, found the biggest ram and fired. I shot and blew up a rock right in front of me! The sheep stood there for a minute then took off. I probably could have shot again but I was in disbelief and didn't wanna rush things and get sloppy, so I let them walk. I had a long deflated hike back out. The next morning on the way back to see if the same sheep were around we spotted the one I took. I was able to stalk in a little way's and wait for a good shot opportunity. My wind was bad so I knew it needed to happen quick or they were gonna take off. I could tell they were getting itchy as they were moving off. The one I shot finally separated just enough from the others and stood perfectly broadside, and I had a dead rest. One shot and down he went. There were four rams, two bigger ones and two nice but smaller ones. All at least 3/4 curl. Mine was one of the two bigger but not sure the biggest? I didn't have time to mess around so I'll never know. The ram I took is bigger than the one I didn't get the day before so I was more than pleased. Like I said I just wanted a mature 3/4 curl representative of the species and God blessed me with this beautiful Ram.
    Last edited by CoHiCntry; 01-29-2012 at 08:04 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CoHiCntry For This Useful Post:

rickinnoco (01-29-2012)

Thanks
    Haha! I'm literally Laughing Out Loud CoHi. Great story. Thanks for sharing. And thank god for unseen rocks, huh?!? That is so cool. I love sheep. Someday soon, I'll be out there after one myself I hope.
    Nothing to sell.
    Nothing to promote.
    Love to hunt!

Thanks
    Some things are just meant to be, funny how things work out some times......Awesome ram and great story, good job

Thanks
    Congrats on a successful hunt.

Thanks
    Congrats! Nice ram.
    Aim small, Miss small.

Thanks
    Wowza! Congrats!

Thanks
    Congrats dude!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Great ram! I'm jealous

Thanks
    I love the story CHC!

Adversity. dedication, the trophy: awesome.