Thread: WY Antelope

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

WY Antelope

I may be moving to Rock Springs WY in a couple months and I don't want to miss a year hunting with losing my residency in ND and not being a resident in WY yet. I was looking at antelope already for WY but was not planning on going for a couple years. What I am looking for is a hunt I can go on as a NR with no points, probably antelope. It would need to be something I can be guaranteed to draw first choice. Does not need to be giant trophies everywhere, but would like good access and fair amount of public land and possibly not extremely far from Rock Springs. I have been doing some research, but it seems as a lot of units in the SW are a pretty tough draw. Does anyone have suggestions that I could look into? Thanks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    lots of units have 100% with no points for non-res, although most of these have limited public land, although in most cases you can find it and still get yourself a goat! "special" tags will open many doors with 0pts

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was looking at unit 96 just because it would be near by. It looks like it would take the special tag though. It seems like very few units are available without points in that corner of the state. 96 has quite a bit of public land, partialy checkerboard. I don't really know much else about it. Anyone have some info on it? I was also thinking about a general deer tag in that part of the state too.