Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black Rifles

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I bought a Stag 2T a couple of weeks ago with the quad rail. I love it. I researched reviews for months before I bought it. As far as sights it depends on your price range. If you want to spend 500 or more look at Acogg or Eotech. I am saving up for an Acogg so I ordered a Vortex Strikefire red dot to hold me over for now. I have seen a lot of good reviews on them and they run 150-160 bucks. If you go with the Vortex order the red dot not red/ green. Everyone says the option with just red is a lot brighter and easier to see on bright sunny days.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
    I bought a Stag 2T a couple of weeks ago with the quad rail. I love it. I researched reviews for months before I bought it. As far as sights it depends on your price range. If you want to spend 500 or more look at Acogg or Eotech. I am saving up for an Acogg so I ordered a Vortex Strikefire red dot to hold me over for now. I have seen a lot of good reviews on them and they run 150-160 bucks. If you go with the Vortex order the red dot not red/ green. Everyone says the option with just red is a lot brighter and easier to see on bright sunny days.
    Thanks igwt
    I'm really looking at the aimpoint pro. Ie been reading tons of reviews online, and lookin at other models.

Come on bb, I know you have an opinion. Quit holding out one me!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post

Come on bb, I know you have an opinion. Quit holding out one me!
    Haha, sorry Dr.H.

For the parallax free 1x CQC optic, I like the Aimpoint Micro and Eotech.

Acogs are nice too, but I really prefer the Micro.

For a do-all optic a well designed 1-4 or 1-6 FFP reticle scope is the way to go:

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-MRAD-Scopes-C4225.aspx

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-MRAD-Scopes-C4225.aspx

If you go this route, get the cattail for the magnification adjustment to get quickly from 1x to top end and back.

This type of scope is the way AR optics are going. At the low end it is like a red dot. At the high end, it is a nice magnified scope. Best of both worlds, and the only price to pay is size and weight.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    THanks bb. Swfa is sure proud of their stuff! I went with an aimpoint comp m4. Not like your opinion doesn't matter, I felt it was the best choice for my application and intended use. 8 year battery life is also a plus.

Here are a few pics, I aim to take better quality photos when it is complete, I am going to put sling attachments and vert fore grip.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Don't put a vert fore grip on it, tacticool is tactigay.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Don't put a vert fore grip on it, tacticool is tactigay.
    Yes and no, I think they have their place if used right, a good friend of mine who is an instructor and has taken many high name classes is kinda mentoring me on this whole crusade. If used properly and it isn't to grip like your choking a chicken, rather roll your thumb over the top of your barrel and only the your pinky and ring finger are actually making contact, then I think it is a good tool. I have shot them with, without and afg's, I prefer the stubby grip, also provides a solid anchor point to grip the weapon the same every time.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have carried a M16 then M4 Professionally since 1993, my govvie issue is set up with the folllowing.

Magpul fore end, A-2 buttstock, Aimpoint 9000 in Spurh mount. Beyond that it's a pretty much stock FN Contract Govvie M4. Been a firearms instructor since 1998 in the military. The only reason I spurged on the mount is I was the unit armorer and didn't have to worry about turning it in at night and having all my expensive upgrades stole off of it.

I used to teach that it was a good way to do nothing productive with your 2nd hand. Mostly I teach "cup the mag well" with the bottom of your hand. Personal ergonomics are everything though. Everyone is built different, glad most folks have M4 style stocks with the adjustability.

Right now I am in a different kind of outfit (aircraft stuff), and we only have Rem 870 Shotguns and our SIG M11 pistols.