Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Public Lands (potentially) for sale in CO

I know that Eastmans generally does not like to get too involved in political process, but there are some very important bills being introduced in multiple states right now that could have a huge effect on Public Land Hunting. See this link:

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20...ral-goverment-

The States may or may not be able to better manage public land; but one thing is for sure, the only citizens who will benefit from the Sale of BLM lands will be a few developers and realtors. Not to mention the access nightmares this could cause.

If you are a Colorado resident that hunts Public Land, get involved! Write your State legislators and tell them you oppose selling Public Lands.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just called Rep. Jerry Sonnenberg who is heading this fight. He didin't answer, I will let you know what he has to say when he calls me back. I am 100% against this. If he thinks it is acceptable to sell our land to fund schools and other projects he is insane. Maybe the State Govt. should live within their means instead of selling off the prizes jewel of Colorado. Where will it end? After they sell all of the public land in the state so they can continue to waste our money. I am a registered Republican just like this idiot pushing this fight. If you disagree with what he is doing flood his office with calls and E-mails.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This isn't about politics, this is about greed. There are some developers "investing" in this scheme, masquerading as states' rights. I am not a Coloradan, but if I were I would be screaming bloody murder to my representatives. I believe tar and feathers are in order here.

Teddy Roosevelt would roll over in his grave over this one.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    +1 on that BB.

Arizona's Mogollon Rim and White Mountains
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Amen, brother. I'm against selling off "public" land to developers, or anyone else. I am very much in favor of the states taking over management of ALL "public" lands instead of the Federal government. The Feds are too inclined to lock up "public" lands so most people can't get access, to appease the eco-nazis, but the states are more responsive to what their citizens want.
    “We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities;…” -George W. “Nessmuk” Sears-

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If the feds think this has any chance of becoming reality, whats to stop them from making all the national forests into national parks! For that matter BLM too. Good God that would be a worse nightmare. Remember Teddy Roosevelt did it WITHOUT congress, so there is a precedent there.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am not sure if it would be a good idea for states to take control of all federal lands or not. For western states it would work to the hunters advantage because the western states are pro gun and pro hunting. Other states that have politicians that are against guns and hunting like Illinois and New York could try to stop or limit hunting on these lands. There is a lot to consider. The thing I am sure of is if states gain control of said land there should be a provision in the bill that prohibits them from selling any of the land. They should only have the right to manage it.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Maybe I am the only one, and don't throw things at me, but I think the Forest Service (I don't hunt much BLM) does a decent job around here. I don't agree with everything they do, but overall not bad.

I know it is selfish as a backpack hunter, but I appreciate having some designated wilderness/roadless areas to hunt. I definitely don't want roads in every corner of my huntin' grounds.

OK, now call me a commie, lefty, whatever ... let me have it!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    Maybe I am the only one, and don't throw things at me, but I think the Forest Service (I don't hunt much BLM) does a decent job around here. I don't agree with everything they do, but overall not bad.

I know it is selfish as a backpack hunter, but I appreciate having some designated wilderness/roadless areas to hunt. I definitely don't want roads in every corner of my huntin' grounds.
    I tend to agree with you for the most part. there are some things they do that are a little irritating to me...like in California requiring a wilderness permit to enter some of the wilderness areas. But for the most part they work real hard at it. The thing is they have to deal with what Washington dishes out to them as far as policy goes.
    I sure screwed up this post!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post

Okay I'll take the first stab. Are you really a lefty? Maybe thats why you missed that shot on the deer last year. You are shooting on the wrong side of the gun. JK Lol. I had to say something.
    On another note I would have to agree that the USFS does a pretty good job here as well.