Thread: Crazy Mountains

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Crazy Mountains

I've been planning a mule deer hunt for the Missouri river breaks with a friend for a while now. But now realizinmg we need to put in for a elk deer combination licence if we plan to do this trip this coming fall. So with having both tags it would be nice to spend a week in an area where there is potential for both early in the season and go to the breaks later if we still have are tags. From what I have read, the Crazy mountains offer quality elk and mule deer. But with that being said a lot of what I've seen has been negitve towards a public land DIY elk hunt in the crazy's. My friend in I are in are mid twenties, extremely good shape and not afraid to hike in ten miles. Im more or less curious if there is areas of crazy mts where we can find elk, deer and public land to hunt at the same time? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Crazy mtns

I dont hunt there but I have a few friends that do. They mostly hunt block management land and kill as many elk as they have tags for, along with a respectable mule deer every year.

For perspective, they drive from Gardiner to hunt there and come home most nights, so they arent walking to far into the mountains every day.

Another friend killed a nice elk on block management there, while 7 months pregnant. If she can do it, you can do it.

Patrick