Somehow I missed a couple years and only had 4 points going into this years draw but I got tired of just applying for points so this year hopefully I burnt them points. Looks like I got a pretty good shot at burning my Antelope points as well.

With a lot of research on the Wyoming webpage, countless hours of studing the MRS section regarding Wyoming Elk & Antelope through the past couple years magazine & Eastman's web site and finally with a little help via PM from a member here I finally selected a unit with all but 2 hours to spare before the deadline. If the draw God's see fit I'll be rifle hunting Elk in the Big Horns next year and chasing speed goats in Central Wyoming. The info I gained from the MRS section alone was more than worth the cost of a couple years subscription here at Eastman's

I am really looking forward to getting up to Wyoming, it will be my first year hunting there. I have spent most of my hunting seasons hunting California, Utah and New Mexico. Later this year I'll be moving to SW Oklahoma then a year later to New Mexico so this will probably be my last year to burn those Calif points. But I can't complain about the Calif draws. I drew a Tule Elk tag in '96 (took a beautiful 6x8 bull) and a Likely Tables Antelope tag in 2009 (took a nice 15" buck) and if any of you know anything about drawing premimum tags in California thats a miracle.

Heres a shout out to all you out there looking at hunting a new state this year. DO YOUR HOME WORK, the information is there you just have to look for it and take a chance with your intuition and like anything else put some work into it.

Good luck to everyone out there with the upcoming draws and hunt safe.