View Poll Results: Should felons be able to hunt in Utah?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, any felon who has served their time should be able to.

14 17.72%
  • Yes, if crime was non-violent, non-weapon related

37 46.84%
  • No

29 36.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I play by the rules to respect myself, my profession, my employer and most of all my family. It is how I was raised and how I raise my family... Respect yourself and others. And along with this comes rewards in all aspects of life. And if you don't then you are not rewarded.

So therefore... No, I do not

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I find many people seriously lacking empathy these days. Also many people with the do anything wrong no matter how miniscule and their attitude is lock'em up and throw away the key forever! I'm quite certain most people have done something wrong, whether intentioned or not at some point in their life.

Good/great people do make mistakes, even if just once in their lives. ie, the 50yo guy who was busted at 18 for marijuana, the 19yo who hooks up with his hs girlf and becomes a sex offender/felon, white collar criminals, mind you martha stewart wasn't a felon for insider trading but rather lying to a fbi agent! which police officers are legally allowed to lie all they want to us, but the moment we lie to an fbi agent it becomes a felony?!?!

So sure if you think "lying to an fbi agent" should mean you can never own a gun/hunt/bowhunt in some states again in your life, then I'd have to say you're logic and empahty is lacking.

Life isn't black and white, it's grey.
    Last edited by HuskyMusky; 02-11-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    just caught this statistic, 4 million of the 5.3million felons in the US are not incarcerated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    If convicted of a felony......no firearms and/or voting privileges.
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

Thanks
    Congratulations

Kind of a weird topic

If it is not a violent felony than yes to owning guns and hunting. I went through a rough patch when I was 17-18. I was never charged with a felony mind you but I am of the mind that people make mistakes from time to time. Those of you that say otherwise are lying to yourselves. Many people have paid for their non violent crimes and are now productive contributing citizens. They have already been punished and should not continue to be punished for the rest of their lives. A little level headed thinking would fix a lot of problems these days.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Lets see husky musky so far your posts basically state that you think non residents shouldn't have to pay high tag prices and now your siding with convicted felons about hunting privileges. Next you post defending someone who lied to authorities about committing a felony and try to make the FBI out to be the bad guys. I just hope our tag prices are to high to worry about bumping into a convicted felon with a weapon in the middle of nowhere. We all know the rules why should we make exceptions for those who choose not to follow them?
    Last edited by T43; 02-11-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    So I actually had to look this up because I felt like I was missing something here... The post is about a Felony right? A FELONY...
    Below is what I found....

Examples of Felony Crimes:

Murder
    Rape
    Arson
    Treason
    Terrorism
    Kidnapping
    Burglary
    Generally, crimes that offend predominant morals

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    So I actually had to look this up because I felt like I was missing something here... The post is about a Felony right? A FELONY...
    Below is what I found....

Examples of Felony Crimes:

Murder
    Rape
    Arson
    Treason
    Terrorism
    Kidnapping
    Burglary
    Generally, crimes that offend predominant morals
    I'm reading this the same as you Montana. We are talking about a felony, not a petty offense or a misdemeanor. None of us are blameless or perfect but we do have to live/pay for the consequences of our actions.

Petty Offense: In short, they are misdemeanors that never warrant any time in jail.
    Misdemeanor: A misdemeanor is considered a crime of low seriousness.
    Felony: Felonies are considered the most serious types of crimes.

If we forgive every criminal, or grant clemency for every criminal act, we would be living in anarchy. There are consequences for our actions. Forgiveness does not necessarily mean all consequences of past behavior disappear.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Everyone should have to deal with the consequences of their actions...That said, every crime has its punishment that is theoreticly paid for in fines or jail time as determined by the court. I do not have the list of "what is a felony and what isn't." Maybe there should be no exceptions but maybe some debts to society should be able to be paid in full with the person then getting to start fresh. No doubt some crimes should carry a lifetime ban from certain privileges. Doesn't really affect me, but I'm sure there are some 'felons' out there who can be great sportsmen and an asset to the hunting community. Depends who they are, NOW.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest to Outwest View Post
    Everyone should have to deal with the consequences of their actions...That said, every crime has its punishment that is theoreticly paid for in fines or jail time as determined by the court. I do not have the list of "what is a felony and what isn't." Maybe there should be no exceptions but maybe some debts to society should be able to be paid in full with the person then getting to start fresh. No doubt some crimes should carry a lifetime ban from certain privileges. Doesn't really affect me, but I'm sure there are some 'felons' out there who can be great sportsmen and an asset to the hunting community. Depends who they are, NOW.
    I mean no disrespect to you... But the one MAJOR thing that you are missing. Though they have served their time, I can guarantee you the peoples lives they destroyed by their actions don't end in 7 years. I have a close friend that lost his 13 year old daughter by being hit by a drunk driver at 3pm in the afternoon. Eligible to get out in 5 years. I understand he was a great guy, but I am sorry his actions DESTROYED peoples lives, aside of the life he took. Getting fired up... Should stop here.