Thread: Wolf Story

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wolf Story

My neighbor had a young pet wolf. This wolf was very tall and a little thin. One day I saw the young wolf go to the middle of a state highway and just stand there so I went to retrieve him. The wolf had a collar so as I approched him I tried to reach over his head to get hold of the collar and at that time he resisted and raised his head causing me to stick a finger in his eye. Without hesitation the wolf grabbed my hand with his mouth and just held it a few seconds, when I spoke to him he opened his mouth and set me free unharmed. I left him where he stood to get out of the traffic on his own.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a buddy that used to have a wolf hybrid dog and he said that any time there was rough play with the kids or any kids the dog would come up and around his calve like your saying with your hand and not bite but just hold his calve in his mouth until he put the kid down.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    No wolf story here but had a German Shepard that would not only herd the kids around the house and yard but pull them away from things he deemed dangerous by the seat of thier pants. He too would grab and hold body parts in times of stress. He also had a penchant for "protecting" the elderly around strange people. The single most uncanny dog I've ever known. Not aggressive unless... well he had an Arian bent if you get my drift.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Not a wolf story either, but I once had a mongel dog, best dog ever. Mean but protective of my family. My daughters and wife brought home kittens one day and they were on the back porch when we got home. I thought he would kill them, he was very protective of his space. He growled and looked pissed and razor backed. Then he went over to each kitten and took their little head in his mouth, one at a time, and held it there for about 10 seconds, the entire head. They just froze. Then he let them be and just went over and laid down. It was like he was just saying he was the boss and just letting them know it. Never had another issue and they lived on the porch in peace. I always thought that was interesting canine behavior.