Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unit #61

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Elkoholic,
    I may buy a left over cow tag in 61 if I don't draw one in WA. Will the animals be down on private land in mid nov -earlly Dec? I hear the game dept will help you access elk on private land. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I couldn't tell you exactly. I don't hunt cows there so I've never been hunting in 61 that late in the year. There are always elk down on private land around Meeteetse but getting permission can be tricky. I wouldn't trust the G&F getting you access. There should be elk off the wilderness by December.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Elkoholic,
    I may buy a left over cow tag in 61 if I don't draw one in WA. Will the animals be down on private land in mid nov -earlly Dec? I hear the game dept will help you access elk on private land. Any thoughts on this?
    Yes, your correct on the game and fish helping hunters with access. I had a friend and his wife hunt the antler ranch through the game and fish and they both shot cow elk and seen tons of elk . I believe that was in area 63, I know there was like 3 ranches in that area that the game and fish were working with. I'd call the game and fish and ask.