Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Pack?

Thanks
    The top of the 4500 has a rain-fly which expands outwards to give you extra space. I also have my 2800 strapped on the outside with the light stuff in it as well. It works just fine, you just have to get all your gear, cape and meat together then MAKE it happen...

It appears that the picture above utilizes the older model 4500 system... In order to give it a fair shot, try the newer model! The ones pictured above will fit approximately 35% less in them and have only two outside strap sets for securing equipment to. You would be at a disadvantage with the older model... There's no doubt in my mind that a blacktail and three days of equipment can easily fit into a newer model 4500. I can get a fully boned out blacktail into a 2800 with a cape and antlers and day gear... The 4500 IMO can certainly handle the job... I hope this assists you and good luck...
    Last edited by Graylight; 02-09-2012 at 11:33 AM.
    "This is A Way of Life"

Thanks
    Definitely badlands!!!

Thanks
    After being a diehard badlands guy i just recently purchased a blue widow i really like the idea of being able to convert it to my daypack as well as a meat hauler. great all in one pack!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylight View Post
    The top of the 4500 has a rain-fly which expands outwards to give you extra space. I also have my 2800 strapped on the outside with the light stuff in it as well. It works just fine, you just have to get all your gear, cape and meat together then MAKE it happen...

It appears that the picture above utilizes the older model 4500 system... In order to give it a fair shot, try the newer model! The ones pictured above will fit approximately 35% less in them and have only two outside strap sets for securing equipment to. You would be at a disadvantage with the older model... There's no doubt in my mind that a blacktail and three days of equipment can easily fit into a newer model 4500. I can get a fully boned out blacktail into a 2800 with a cape and antlers and day gear... The 4500 IMO can certainly handle the job... I hope this assists you and good luck...
    Thanks for the Advice...I will look into that. I just assumed 4500 meant....4500? The one on the left is a newer model (maybe only 3-4 years old)..the one on the right is the oldest model, but I got it because of the ability to attach the little backpack to the outside. I use it to hold all of my really light gear.

Thanks
    JNDEER... The biggest asset with the new 4500 is the two side bags and a roomier cargo compartment... I hear ya on the 4500 being 4500 but I have found this information for fact as Matt used the older version last year and I was clearly able to pack much more than he was... Hands down! For what it's worth brother...
    "This is A Way of Life"

Thanks
    Get a Mystery Ranch and be done with it! Seriouly...I went through both Bandlands...blowouts...Eberlestock...just floppy...then got a Crew Cab...best choice I have made...packeout tons of game in two years with it...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylight View Post
    JNDEER... The biggest asset with the new 4500 is the two side bags and a roomier cargo compartment... I hear ya on the 4500 being 4500 but I have found this information for fact as Matt used the older version last year and I was clearly able to pack much more than he was... Hands down! For what it's worth brother...
    Thanks.

I will surely be looking into that.

Thanks
    I am considering a MR CC. How tall r u and what size is your waist. I'm 6'2" 225lb with 36" waist

Thanks
    I really like my eberlestock blue widow as a bowhunter. The expand to haul in camp and then compress down after you drop camp is an awesome feature, as well as they duffel feature which allows you to carry meat and camp out separate and in the first trip. The bow bucket is one of my favorite features as well. The ability to "hunt" with your bow on your back or while you are hiking in is pretty awesome. Almost put that feature to use a couple of season ago. While packing out my elk we stumbled upon a deer, I was able to quickly get my bow off my back and nock an arrow, while standing there with 80+ of meat on my back, that 80lbs of meat and only a 2pt rack, made me double think that one

Check out a little video we did. Skip to 5:17 in the video to watch just the Blue Widow section.
    LINTON OUTDOORS
    Serious Gear for the Serious Sportsman
    www.lintonoutdoors.com

Thanks
    I would go try some different packs on. I am a Badlands only customer because they are tough as hell and the lifetime warranty. That doesn't mean you will like the way a Badlands pack feels. Backpacks are like boots, they all fit different on different people. Some say one is the best and others say another is the best, you have to try them on.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!