Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NDHunter View Post
    One thing that is very important about Colorado that I don't think has been mentioned is that it uses a preference point system, not a bonus point, which is VERY important. A preference point system is nice because you can be reasonably sure of when you can draw a tag. For the high point units this isn't as true because of point creep but if you apply in a unit that required 2 points last year and you will have 3 points this year, chances are good that you will draw.
    Just so we are on the same page here, Can you tell me what the difference between the 2 is?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    A preference point essentially says that the tags go to the individuals with the most points. i.e. if you are trying to draw a unit that requires 10 points, and you only have 1, you cannot draw the tag, whereas if unit had bonus points instead of preference points you would have a slight chance, however small it may be, of drawing the tag.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There are some tags that do use the bonus points but it is for sheep, moose and mountain goat and you have to have 3 points before you get into the bonus draw. Not that you are probably doing one of those but wanted to mention it

Quote Originally Posted by NDHunter View Post
    One thing that is very important about Colorado that I don't think has been mentioned is that it uses a preference point system, not a bonus point, which is VERY important. A preference point system is nice because you can be reasonably sure of when you can draw a tag. For the high point units this isn't as true because of point creep but if you apply in a unit that required 2 points last year and you will have 3 points this year, chances are good that you will draw.