I'm researching some packs. I really like how lightweight the Kifaru UL 3700 & 5200 are, but I am worried about the durability. I love the Mystery Ranch Crew Cab's design and versatility, but it is rather heavy weighing at 7 lbs 11 oz. Kuiu also has good design, but is not going to fit my 28" waist.

I'm about to buy the Mystery Ranch Nice Frame & Load Sling combination, which weighs in at 5 lbs 3 oz. Then I'm going to use a Sea-to-Summit Small Ultra-Sil Pack Liner (3,000 cu in/2.6 oz.), Large Ultra-Sil Stuff Sack (960 cu in/1 oz), and a Medium Ultra-Sil Pack Cover (4 oz). The pack will weigh a total of 5 lbs 10.6 oz with about 4,000 cubic inches of storage space inside my stuff sacks and room to strap down my tripod, hydration bladder, and other misc. items. This set-up keeps the weight below many other popular hunting packs on the market.

The MR Load Sling will make it very easy to train with during the off-season. I plan on buying a heavy duty 5-gallon water jug or jerrycan to fill with sand, which should weigh somewhere between 50 and 80 lbs. The jerrycan will quickly and easily strap in and out of the load sling for training.

Does this set-up sound like an effective and somewhat lightweight set-up and concept for extended backpacking trips?