Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Haisen- I'd like to see a picture of your set up when it's done. I've been trying to figure out a way to shave some of that weight off.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sticknbiggens For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    You could okie rig something like this

60lbs off season conditioning, fun for the family and comfortable for all. A tie down and camping chair is all it takes.

Attachment 2823
    Way cool....
    Elite Z28 70lb AP
    Rem 700 .338 WinMag

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    You could okie rig something like this

60lbs off season conditioning, fun for the family and comfortable for all. A tie down and camping chair is all it takes.

Attachment 2823
    Very nice Montana!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I finally began loading the NICE Frame with weight. I tested out 65 and 90 lbs and encountered a problem. The bar that runs down the center of the frame is digging into my back, unless I hunch over excessively. I searched the web to see if this is a common problem, but have not found a single review discussing any issues at all with the NICE Frame. I have tried wearing the pack higher and lower than it should be worn and also loaded the weight both higher and lower to see if that would solve my issue, but the frame still dug into my back leaving small bruises along my spine area wear it was jabbing into.

I know this is not a common issue, but it is still a serious issue I must resolve to achieve the proper performance. I plan on contacting Mystery Ranch this week to see if they can help me. If not, I will try and rig a lumbar pad, similar to the Badlands 4500's, that will rap around and pad the frame from potentially hurting my back. If anyone else has encountered the same issue, please let me know. I will also comment on what Mystery Ranch's Customer Service has to say if no one knows how to correct this issue.

Thank You,

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I spoke with a Mystery Ranch Customer Service Representative yesterday and they were very knowledgeable, friendly, and willing to help. As I suspected, this is not a very common issue; however he had me "cant" the waist-belt and that made a noticeable difference. It was not a perfect, so I proceeded to experiment further. The "yoke" was positioned almost perfect, but needed raised about an inch to assist my load lifters in performing to the maximum. After fine tuning the fit, the problem was not entirely solved.

I was using a 5-Gallon Jerrycan filled with 55 pounds of sand, which created a very heavy and dense load on the very bottom of the frame. The 55 pounds placed directly at the bottom of the frame made the load lifters pretty much useless and caused the pack to pull away from riding along my back and dig the bottom of the frame into my lower back. The solution at this point was simple, use a small sleeping bag or something lightweight and bulky to raise the jerrycan up to allow the load lifters to function properly. Taking the time to really pay attention to how the pack rides on your, so you can make the proper adjustments, no matter how minor the adjustments are, can make significant improvements to the pack's performance. Another critical error I made was not loading the pack properly.