Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Moving to washington. Any chance of me hunting there this fall?

I will be moving to Washington for 6 months starting in October(wife has a 6 mo. internship). Is there any chance for me to do some bowhunting(deer or elk) as a non resident? I know I have some research to do, just thought I'd see what I'm up against with no points toward anything in Washington. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

Thanks
    Yes ull have to buy a NR tag and theres plenty of OTC and lots of public land. If your going to bow hunt ull be restricted to the late season that starts around thanksgiving.

Thanks
    Great. Thanks. As long as I can get out to bowhunt something I will be happy. It's just a matter of doing some research now.

Thanks
    What part of the state will you be living in?

Thanks
    Luckily you will be just in time to catch some great bear hunting as they feast on the berries. Washington has a great bear population (somewhere in the 25-30,000 range) and allows you to be in the field till November. A quick Google search can turn up some places to start and should be coupled with other searches for what you need to look for, terrain-wise, when locating a place to hunt. As Jon Boy said we are blessed with alot of room to roam, so take your pick!

Late archery season opens around thanksgiving, just in time for the mule deer rut in eastern Washington--assuming the rut is on some kind of schedule. The Blacktail rut on the westside of the mountains will be winding down, but can still offer some rattling opportunities for bucks cruising for second-cycle does.

All in all Washington has some good prospects if you are willing to put in the miles and go where others are not willing. Good luck!

Thanks
    I will be moving to Tacoma area. I'm sure I will be able to find some good options. Madman- I certainly don't mind puting on the miles; getting where others aren't, is all part of the game. I look forward to trecking some new terrain, chasing some Blacktail. Thanks for the tips. I better get started.

Thanks
    http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php
    If you have some more questions I suggest becoming a member of this site, or at least look through the archives. Theres alot of good info there. I would suggest making an introduction and make a few posts before asking for info, the regulars tend to be tight lipped to first posters.

Thanks
    Much appreciated, Jon Boy.

Thanks
    MTO, I just moved here with my family last summer myself. I came from Missouri. We don't live to far from each other now, and there is another member on here from REALLY close by. Shoot me a PM, maybe we can "learn together" sometime. I did get to hunt a little last fall. Didn't shoot anything, but was in on 2 successful bear hunts, and saw some smaller blacktails. All in all it was a fun learning experience. It is beautiful here, and the people seem generally very nice. Now I am trying to figure out Spring Turkey, I also put in for a spring bear tag. I am also trying to figure out what Limited Quota Elk and Deer units I am applying for.

Chad

Thanks
    If either of you guys need help just ask away.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Boy For This Useful Post:

ChadH (02-21-2012), Midwest to Outwest (02-28-2012)