Thread: Kuiu Products

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kuiu Products

Alright guys/gals... I'm jumping in to Kuiu. It appears a lot of people really like their product. I have a trip coming up in April and need to get a new full line. Is there anything about any of their products that you don't care for? I have pretty long arms and a long torso so it's hard to get a good fit unless the company makes a tall. I prefer a slim fitting material.

Fire away please. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I've had mine for well over a year now......in my opinion, my Sitka clothing doesn't compare. The Kuiu pants are far superior to Sitka and the merino wool zip shirts (heavy and light) are very soft, warm and lightweight. The Sitka mountain zip shirts are nice, but because they are synthetic material they retain more odor, IMO. I also have the Kuiu vest, which is perfect for remaining warm when you're hiking and it sheds light rain as well..

It's quality clothing that is dependable, tough, and lightweight. The sizing is spot on, IMO. The pants and shirt tails were longer than most, so you should be fine there. Good luck and have fun!
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks Montana for starting this thread. I've been looking at hitting the buy button on some of the Kuiu products as well.

Thanks for the feedback BOHNTR.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BOHNTR View Post
    I've had mine for well over a year now......in my opinion, my Sitka clothing doesn't compare. The Kuiu pants are far superior to Sitka and the merino wool zip shirts (heavy and light) are very soft, warm and lightweight. The Sitka mountain zip shirts are nice, but because they are synthetic material they retain more odor, IMO. I also have the Kuiu vest, which is perfect for remaining warm when you're hiking and it sheds light rain as well..

It's quality clothing that is dependable, tough, and lightweight. The sizing is spot on, IMO. The pants and shirt tails were longer than most, so you should be fine there. Good luck and have fun!
    Thank you.... Pretty much spot on with what every one says. Very much appreciated!!! I'll send you some Stag pics in my Kuiu clothing I hope.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I will be running Kuiu clothing as well this season. Particularly the softshell pants and jacket. I do like my Icon 6000 backpack.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well it appears they are out of everything in their camo line... So much for that. Hopefully they'll have something in the next 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Kuiu is the best gear I have ever tried. Light weight and performes well. The Chugach rain gear is amazing, super light weight and breaths like nothing I have worn before.
    They are going crazy trying to keep up with the demand. They have taken some steps to get more product in to satisfy the back orders. Be patient and they will take care of you. It is worth the wait.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    News update! I just received a pair of brown attack pants. 35" inseam as advertised and fits me well. I'm pleased and it appears they are adding to the line. I will buy more KUIU this year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I believe even if they are sold out of stuff you can call and preorder it and as soon as they get it in they will hit your card and send it out to you

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I know two companies that make rain gear that works in SE Alaska; Helly Hanson and Grundens. What is the Kuiu rainwear made out of?

I like the concept of wool gear, actually kind of swear by it. I'll have to check it out.

They have a lot of ads in mountain hunting magazines lately. They were in the most recent Wild Sheep, and GSC/OVIS magazines, and of course Eastmans.