Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 2 Posts

Nutrition/ Supplements

What do you guys take as far nutritional products/supplements? The only thing I take is juice plus same stuff that Bear Grylls has taken since a teenager basically raw fruits and vegetables in capsules they also have a great protein shake. Lots of research behind it too I think its the best thing out there been taking it for about a year and a half now

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I eat fruit and vegetables all day, also take a multivitamin. I'm not big on "supplements" I do take around 30g of protein after a good workout.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Multivitamin along with a B12, These go along with my workout plan. If you eat healthy you really shouldn't have the need for supplements.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yeah I eat as many friuts and vegetables as I can but it is difficult and expensive to eat 8-13 serving of a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. I'm not big on supplements either JP is actually concentrated food and has a nutrition label and not a supplement label on it. I don't take a multivitamin as there is a lot of research showing that there are mixed results at best and at worst they do more harm then good and also most of them are not absorbed into the body's bloodstream

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    It is more expensive to eat healthy but it is cheaper in long run in medical costs

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    It is more expensive to eat healthy but it is cheaper in long run in medical costs
    absolutely as the saying goes an once of prevention is worth a pound of cure
    most of the disease in the US is degenerative and preventable with better lifestyle choices

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    Very well said, as far as supplements go I take a decent amount From protien, amino's, glutamine etc. etc. I workout hard 6 days a week though for years. now that huntin season is done I gotta get rid of my winter coat and back to my summer weight 235 @ 8%bf

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Not big on any of that stuff, ideally you eat a healthy natural diet and get all the vitamins and nutrients you need from that.

They actually did a study that showed people who take supplements/vitamins were more likely to develop cancers than those who didn't.

Natural is best, period.

I'm not even big on protein anymore, at least not in shake form/pwoder etc... each some tuna or a chicken breast or any lean meat for that matter, even a steak.

flaxseed oil or omega 3's etc... I might consider.

avoid processed foods, high fructose corn syrup. it would be amazing if all food in this country were natural, made with natural ingredients period! obesity would certainly decline, same goes for added sugar, call me crazy but OJ doesn't need added sugar!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 1 Post
    Not perfect but I try an maintain a well balanced diet as long as taking Nature's Way Alive a whole food vitamin and Omega/Flaxseed as well. Exercise and a well balanced diet is key to a active lifestyle.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm in the middle of a 4 month workout, mostly to bulk up. I take whey protein, Casein, cell mass and NO explode.

I also have been taking Glucosamine-chondroitin and Fish Oil, bad knees.