Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    I'm sorry you spent that long here! Lol. Just kidding...... Kinda. I grew up here for the most part and this town sucks now as far as politics, economy, and I am looking to leave, I want to raise my family in a more healthier environment. Where did you move to?
    He went from bad to worse and moved to CA. Lol Just kidding...Not really.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yep, sjsmallfield you are right!LOL! These state taxes are just killing me! Ha!

Drhorsepower...Reno has really grown and changed with the growth. I loved living there, but it is not the same anymore. We moved to Jackson to be closer to family and get me off the road. Forty years on the road is enough! I do miss the hunting opportunities though!

Moose
    Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Im over Reno, my wife as well. How are your taxes there? oops... sore subject?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    Im over Reno, my wife as well. How are your taxes there? oops... sore subject?
    Yep, my wife is ready to move to Minden/Gardnerville....says we can not afford to retire here...she may be right!

Moose
    Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    You dont have to put all 5 in NV. Im not sure about WA? I only been here a few years and from what I have seen the limited quota tags really arent worth the long line to get them. With the exception of some spike elk only units they are basically all later hunts ontop of otc general hunts.
    The same is true in Washington. Personally I like NV's system. If you are not willing to burn points on a less desireable unit, only put down one choice. The draw odds are increased because when you do that your name is out of the pool for everyone applying for all other units.

In Washington, you have two "Quality" choices and 4 "Mature Bull" choices (same for deer). You have to buy your application seperately for each. I think it was $6.50 for "Mature Bull" and $13.50 for Quality Bull this year. This gets you in the draw only. You still have to buy your tag and pick your weapon and side of state before you apply. It is a jacked up system, and you are correct that it is hardly worth putting in for, given your odds and the cost even as a resident of applying for all the species.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoose View Post
    Yep, my wife is ready to move to Minden/Gardnerville....says we can not afford to retire here...she may be right!

Moose
    I love Minden, genoa etc.... That's a great place to live. Good luck, keep us posted.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The same is true in Washington. Personally I like NV's system. If you are not willing to burn points on a less desireable unit, only put down one choice. The draw odds are increased because when you do that your name is out of the pool for everyone applying for all other units.

In Washington, you have two "Quality" choices and 4 "Mature Bull" choices (same for deer). You have to buy your application seperately for each. I think it was $6.50 for "Mature Bull" and $13.50 for Quality Bull this year. This gets you in the draw only. You still have to buy your tag and pick your weapon and side of state before you apply. It is a jacked up system, and you are correct that it is hardly worth putting in for, given your odds and the cost even as a resident of applying for all the species.
    Good info chad , thanks. I have always wanted to apply in wa but the pill is twice the size of my esophagus.