Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mikes Knee

Eastmans' Staff
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The guy down the creek had his knee done by the same doctor and he is a doctor and he is doing great. I just think in my case I got on it to soon. Plus the doc had a bad day. But it is better as far as pain goes. I think by this fall I can do a backpack hunt. Oh it does click like a caribou. However my wife Bertie said she can't hear it just me. Jerry just wait until it gets to where you can enjoy hunting and it hurts to much and then have it done. Your wife will like it. Mike
    Mike Eastman
    Founder Eastmans' Hunting Journals

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sorry about your luck Mike, had mine replaced four years ago and was riding my horse in two weeks. My oldest daughter and I went Elk hunting in the flat tops a month later and did a considerable amount of riding and walking.I realy haven't had much trouble, but I still do a hundred or so squats a couple times a week. Last week though I got clipped from behind by my male labrador, and shure found out it is not invincible. When you get the knee done, do the therapy. If you can stand it hook up with a therapist before the surgury and build those muscle up ahead of time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had my left knee replaced 6 years ago. The doctors told me repeatedly to wait until I just couldn't take it anymore. That was for two reasons - one, I was in my early 50s (a doc had taken out all the cartilage in that knee when I was in high school), and two, they wear out and replacing them is no fun.

Now, I think you go to the best knee replacement surgeon in the state or region where you live, the one who does knee replacements day in and day out. Also, the one who did mine said he could eventually just replace the articulating surfaces without having to replace the whole thing.

Since being replaced my knee is fantastic. It took a year or so for my leg to be completely strong and flexible, but I can do anything I want now except that it's not good to run on it much or to jump up and down. Otherwise, there's nothing I can't do and that includes multiple days of serious hiking.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ditto on the physical therapy. Your leg will shrivel like Saran Wrap after you take it off the plate from the microwave. It takes a lot of work to get most of the range of motion back and especially the strength. It's worth it.