Thanks

Hoyt cams buzzing....

Hey I have the one year old Hoyt Carbon Element and I absolutely love this bow.
    However I have noticed the last couple of weeks at our local 3D archery shoots that my top and bottom cams are buzzing considerabley. If I tap on the riser they rattle like crazy. It still seems to shoot just fine but its driving me nuts.

Has anyone else out there expierenced this same problem?

Thanks
    Do you have the stock cams with the interchangeable mods? If so check the screws are tight. Check all moving parts as well. Like your bearing bushings and draw stops if installed.
    Also look at your split cable pins and snap washers.
    If its buzzing your not going to like it much when it sends parts in all directions on a release.
    I hunt because........

Thanks
    Thanks wolf, everything seems tight. It would seem to be the bearings or cable pins but I can't tell.

I am having it looked at in the pro shop, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
    I had a similar problem with my Mathews Switchback a few years ago. Drove me nuts when I shot it. It ended up being the C shaped snap washer that locks the axle in place, I replaced it and the problem was gone. Good luck and let us know what you find.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Just responding to my original post, about cams buzzing. I got the bow back from hoyt at 4 pm this Monday and I ran home and set it up completely. Peep, rest, sight, d-loop, everything. I had about ten minutes to shoot it and then race to our last 3D night and managed to shoot a 296 out of 300. I was very pleased and had no more buzzing.

I never did get an exact explination from the local pro shop, but the reciept showed new limbs and bearings. Not sure how much of a problem there ever really was with it, like I said it had been shooting just fine. But I'm happy to know they took it serious.

Just as a curriousity I drew it with a diggital scale there at the shop. Tightened down all the way and it peaked at 74 pounds on a 70lb bow, backed it down to 71 and it felt great.

Thanks Hoyt

Thanks
    Sounds like with them replacing the limbs, the cam axil slots must have either been warped or cracked. I have a Bowtech Black ice that had a limb replaced shortly after I bought it. They can fail. Glad to see the update and congrats on that awesome score bud!!!! Nice shooting.
    I hunt because........