Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

SFW and Big Game Forever...your thoughts?

I've been ready more and more about these two groups, and the more I find out the more it pisses me off!
    >>>----------------->
    Strother Inspire
    Gold Tip Kenetics 300
    Ripcord Code Red
    Tight Spot Quiver
    Black Gold Ascent
    Landshark by Simmons Sharks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    I think the RMEF and MDF are good organizations.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Theres a very good read on bowsite. If any one is interested. It really opened my eyes. I didnt have a clue.......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Not a fan of their tag grab tactics. There are some bills in the Idaho Senate right now that reek of SFWs "tags for the rich" underhanded fundraiser m.o. There stance against the bill that gave Idaho and Montana control of wolves was almost as bad as the fact that now they are attempting to claim they were instrumental in "greasing the wheels " to get it through.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    Well, I guess today marks the high tide mark. Today was the first time in 15 years I decided not to respond to a guy who I could give some good advice to. He posted on this forum that he drew a Book Cliffs elk tag at the SLC Expo. I participated in that hunt the right way. In doing so, he chose to support SFW and no way in hell will I compromise my feelings towards them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Well, I guess today marks the high tide mark. Today was the first time in 15 years I decided not to respond to a guy who I could give some good advice to. He posted on this forum that he drew a Book Cliffs elk tag at the SLC Expo. I participated in that hunt the right way. In doing so, he chose to support SFW and no way in hell will I compromise my feelings towards them.
    What??? Someone with principles from Chicago? I lived there for quite awhile and I thought "greasing the wheels" was in the DNA!

Just kidding (mostly). I have to agree with you Zim. I have a question though, how do you feel about Land Owner Tags sold to those willing to pay big time? Just wondering if it is any different. I can see it both ways I guess. I hate like heck that there is a way to get a tag if you are willing to pay enough for it, but I know landowners in the west often times feed the dang animals all year, have crop damage, fence damage, wolf damage, etc that hardly gets covered in keeping with real expense, so I have a hard time holding it against them. It still stinks because if you are a person of modest means (like me and most of you) then it makes it very difficult to hunt most places in the west (the same as impossible in some places).

On top of that, what about "special" tags (like Wyoming's)? Isn't that close to the same? At least there the money stays in the conservation entity responsible for managing the resource, and some of it has to go to HMA and WIHA access (I hope any way). Not to mention it doesn't assure yo uof a tag.

Complicated issues.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    What??? Someone with principles from Chicago? I lived there for quite awhile and I thought "greasing the wheels" was in the DNA!

Just kidding (mostly). I have to agree with you Zim. I have a question though, how do you feel about Land Owner Tags sold to those willing to pay big time? Just wondering if it is any different. I can see it both ways I guess. I hate like heck that there is a way to get a tag if you are willing to pay enough for it, but I know landowners in the west often times feed the dang animals all year, have crop damage, fence damage, wolf damage, etc that hardly gets covered in keeping with real expense, so I have a hard time holding it against them. It still stinks because if you are a person of modest means (like me and most of you) then it makes it very difficult to hunt most places in the west (the same as impossible in some places).

On top of that, what about "special" tags (like Wyoming's)? Isn't that close to the same? At least there the money stays in the conservation entity responsible for managing the resource, and some of it has to go to HMA and WIHA access (I hope any way). Not to mention it doesn't assure yo uof a tag.

Complicated issues.
    There are plenty of crooks everywhere. Ours are on a larger scale. I think Don Peay found a small market much easier to corrupt quicker.

Lots of issues yes. I don't really have an opinion on the landowner tags. I could see both sides. But I sure don't like the way that has gone in New Mexico where they all treat it like welfare and it's out of control.

I am for state's rights but don't like to see the "special" setup in WY. That policy is a miniature of the auction tag runaway. I am not a fan of any auctioned public tags. A few I can toloerate maybe 10 per state. After that they become a target for abuse.

Wyoming has too many commissioner tags and a few other programs I think I totalled 110 or so for auction, but at least they have very good accountability and efficiency in the use of those funds going back on the ground.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    enlighten us...??

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Randy has some great info and insight.

http://onyourownadventures.com/huntt...d.php?t=249798
    >>>----------------->
    Strother Inspire
    Gold Tip Kenetics 300