Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Crew Cab Slayer?

Hey Guys,

I just got these packs in at work and I just had to show them to everyone. The pack is called the Granite Gear Tactical Chief Flatbed. I attached a couple of photos for everyone to check it out. It weighs in a 6 pounds 7 ounces! That is shaving about 2 pounds off of a crew cab. Granite Gear designed the pack primarily for the military, it is meant to haul mortar tubes and jaws of life which means this thing will haul some weight. I have had the pack out for a couple of scouting trips and have been super pleased with it, on average I have been packing around 20-25 pounds in it and it carries like a dream. By far the neatest feature about this pack is the flap that attaches to the frame to secure and haul loads (You can see it better in the photos). I have been working with Granite Gear to design a actual pack to attach to the frame, getting that made will make it much easier to backpack with while still allowing you to haul out a quarter or 2. Granite Gear designed this pack/frame to carry over 150 pounds so I know it will carry 2 elk quarters, just depends on being up for that load.To make the pack a little more user friendly I went down the road to mystery ranch and picked up a crew cab lid for it, lid works perfect and adapted perfectly to the pack. I used a 60 liter waterproof pack liner to keep all of my backpacking gear in since there really isn't a "pack" to keep all of your gear in. Let me know if you guys have any feedback or questions on it.

http://www.highcalibergear.com/site/...ible-flap.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02276.jpg   DSC02275.jpg   DSC02278.jpg   DSC02279.jpg  

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wow, great looking pack. From the pics I would have sworn it was a CC. I may have to check one out. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Awwwwwwwwww. Mystery ranch. Me want. Mystery ranch makes the best wildland fire pack in my eyes.(and others) I can only assume on the quality and craftsmanship on a hunting pack.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    MR is buy far the best hunting pack out there. PERIOD!! I am thinking this Granite Gear Chief Flatbed is closest thing to a MR on the market today. You are paying for the quality but it will be the last pack you will ever buy. I think the pack above is very very close to a MR Crew Cab just a couple of pounds lighter.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    i agree with that.... although i prefer to wear my crew-cab over my HOT 3...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You can shave even more weight if you get just the load sling! But you are adding the daypack lid...which adds weight...granted...i use my CC with the lid and hunt out of that!