Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When I was in college I worked at the local sporting goods store. On a side note, I'm still looking for a new shop as it was blown away by a tornado nearly a year ago. I live in Joplin, MO where we got hit with an F5. Kind of sad to see my old employer that had been in business since the 50s just disappear.

Anyway, while I worked there I probably saw twice as many whisker buscuits come through the door than anything else. It's a proven rest, and the one I use. Only negative I can see (and this isn't to be dismissed) is a little noise. I've worried about it some when treestand hunting. I still probably won't change any time soon.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I like the whisker biscuit as well. I know there are more accurate rests out there but when crawling through c.r.p, milo, or weeds, I think a full capture rest w/ no moving parts is critical. Sometimes just before you nock an arrow you have to pull out grass from your sights and rests, the whisker biscuit is no maintainence.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Can't beat the simplicity of a biscuit. I'll likely never use another drop-a-way again.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I love my QAD! Had a trophy taker and it failed me. However I do have a whisker biscuit for my back up!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had a QAD and it worked great, but it was loud. I switched to a ripcord and couldnt be happier. Full containment and quiet.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I also like the ripcord rest its nice to be able to not worry about your arrow falling off when your on a stalk .And its easy to tune

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by potsie View Post
    I also like the ripcord rest its nice to be able to not worry about your arrow falling off when your on a stalk .And its easy to tune
    yep, it seems solid too. I suppose any mechanism can fail, but this unit responds so clean. I sense the machining is superb.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for all the replies! I've tried more rests in the last year than all my years combined - and I'm even suprising myself at this point in that I look to be settling on the whisker biscuit. It makes no sense to me - I have spent 18 years of bowhunting/archery taking all precautions to avoid vane/rest contact and microtune my bow to perfection...but that is all in my garage - when I'm stalking an animal nothing will beat this whisker biscuit for speed of loading and being able to twist and turn my bow upsidedown or whatever while maneuvering...on top of it, my accuracy is pin-point still.
    Slow motion cameras have also opened my eyes to what is really going on when you release an arrow out of 300fps bow...things are bending, shifting, torguing, you name it...no rest truly keeps that arrow a perfect dart the whole cycle anyway.

All rests will work just fine - confidence should be a major factor for everyone - and mine is sky high with the whisker biscuit.
    I hope everyone has a successfull/safe 2012!
    -Matt

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity"

"Eighty percent of success is showing up"

"If you want to achieve Excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work"