Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ordered thx all we shall see what they are like

Thanks
    Congratulations
    These pants are great. I used mine for 10 plus mile backpack trips last September, and for elk hunting in November. In November, the temps dipped below 20 degrees and with a pair of thermals under the Switchback pants, I was fine. If you are looking for a good durable pant, I would suggest the Switchback, especially if you can pick them up for a good price on camofire.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Bringing an old thread back to life.. How do these pants hold up? Im in need of an early season hunting pant starting sep. elk season and then antelope and deer. These are on camofire right now but I was wondering how they would handle crawling? Being lightweight makes me think they may wear out fast?? I pretty much only archery hunt and deer/antelope seasons have me doing a low of crawling on my knees. I usually buy the $4o cabelas cotton camo pants but have been reconsidering this time around with something that dries faster and is lighter. Thanks for any input.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    After one season, mine are still pretty much like brand new. I have no reason to believe they wont easily last the next two seasons, as they show no signs of wear. A few friends have had issues with the belt loops breaking though.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by wapiti66 View Post
    Bringing an old thread back to life.. How do these pants hold up? Im in need of an early season hunting pant starting sep. elk season and then antelope and deer. These are on camofire right now but I was wondering how they would handle crawling? Being lightweight makes me think they may wear out fast?? I pretty much only archery hunt and deer/antelope seasons have me doing a low of crawling on my knees. I usually buy the $4o cabelas cotton camo pants but have been reconsidering this time around with something that dries faster and is lighter. Thanks for any input.
    I just bought these myself. I like the material and the fit. If I would not have screwed up and waited over 10 days, i would be sending them back. The cargo pockets on the side are considerably smaller than the sitka ascent pants. I was going to live with that. the kicker for me was the metal snaps on the cargo pockets. I don't want to snap the pockets closed all the time. when the snaps are undone, you are "ticking" along when you walk. I will be forced to snap them closed all the time, or i will get pissed and cut the buttons off.

I did buy these from camofire along with 190 merino tops and bottoms and the assault zip shirt. I really like all of this stuff.

I was looking at getting the element pants for november. I have sent an inquiry to camofire to ask how I can get my hands on some element pants without buying them so i can really look them over. I try not to be overly picky about everything. its just me.

All that said. I think camofire is a pretty cool deal, and I am on their daily email list.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tttoadman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the input guys, I got home too late to get them bought but it sounds like they are a pretty good deal. Maybe they will come back up on camofire before season gets here. Camofire is cool, Ive grabbed some good deals from there, plus it's like opening presents as a kid. When you get on the site, you never know what they may have in store for you each day.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If you guys are interested in some of the other items Core4 has check out my blog @ www.gffadventures.blogspot.com I have a review of the clothes that I have on there.
    Shoot STR8