Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Swaro Z3 3-10x42 with BRX reticle

Alright I just dropped the big bones on a scope I have been watching for years. The review were incredible but the price just makes me sick.

Anybody out there have this? Did I screw up or is it that good? Should be here in a week.

I am especially interested in the reticle, that was the one area of some dissatisfaction.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Montana,

If you can trade it in on the BRH reticle, I think you will likely be much happier. The BRX and BRH are the same reticle, the BRH is just slightly thicker, and works much better in low light. The BRH is not really thick, it is just the BRX is really thin.

I have the Z3 4-12X50 w/ BRH and it is a fine, fine scope.

You can use the Swarovski calculator for your drops, or you can use your own program and use the scope on Max power, the dots and lines are subtended in 0.5 mils.

I really like my scope.

One other thing, the BRX/BRH models all have the parallax set at 200m so there is a little parallax at 100 yards you need to take into account during load development. The 200m parallax setting greatly aids in lowering parallax levels at greater distances (eliminating the need for a parallax adjustment knob on the scope), even out to 1000 yards.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks BB... I'm not sure if they still make the BRH. I just double checked thinking I may have missed something but I don't see it on their website. I guess we will see soon enough

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You Tube... Christian Arms and Swarovski's BRX reticle... It didn't hurt any that is my caliber too...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The BRH is still fully available, and in fact, is now available in the top-of-the-line z6 series.

Here it is listed on the Swarovski Optik website:

http://www.swarovskioptik.us/en_us/p...ticle-overview

Where did you order it from? I am sure they would let you exchange. Swarovski actually made the BRH at the request of hunters (That is what the H is for in BRH). They only list the BRX on the online Calculator, because the subtensions are the same with the BRX and BRH, so you can use the same drops for both.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Alright BB you might be right.... I received the scope today and I too am concerned about the thin reticles. I am upgrading from the Leupold B&C reticle, the B&C reticle itself might be the best reticle out there but don't think the glass is the same. My concern with the BRH is just the opposite, too thick at long distance in low light. Ohhh the decisions in life.

Does anyone out there shoot the BRX?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Montana,

The B&C sucks. I'm sorry to those that like it, but it does. I had one. Those tapered bars are distracting, and make finding the perfect spot on the bar for windage tough. Also, the generic magnification positions for drops might fit some trajectories, but not the loads I used, at least not past 400.

I also had a Zeiss Rapid Z-600. Now that was what the B&C wished it was. I was able to get the reticle tuned to my load with ease. the windage bars were usefull.

I also like Vortex's Dead Hold BDC. The subtensions are in MOA, and it is easy to dope your drops to it.

But, BY FAR, the best ballistic reticle I have used is the BRH. It is not TOO thick, just thick enough. It is baby bear's porridge: just right. The BRH is actually a little thinner than the Rapid Z. The drop bars and dots are calibrated in even 1/2 mils (at max power), so getting your drops are cake, with just about any trajectory program. Then, you can also use Swarovski's program and get drops fro any magnification. It is extremely versatile.

Montana, the BRH is awesome.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Undecided on what to do but we will see.... I can't agree with you on the B&C reticle. And maybe I am not as into the technical shooting as some. But the B&C has flat laid down some animals for me, and at good distances. If there is a strong cross wind then that simply means the animals can't hear when I move in for a closer shot.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Undecided on what to do but we will see.... I can't agree with you on the B&C reticle. And maybe I am not as into the technical shooting as some. But the B&C has flat laid down some animals for me, and at good distances. If there is a strong cross wind then that simply means the animals can't hear when I move in for a closer shot.
    Hey Montana,

We are practically neighbors. PM me, and you can check out my Z3 BRH in person, and see if it is right for you.

I kind of let the B&C have it there, didn't I? If the reticle works with your drops, it should be good to go. It sounds like it works for you, and that is what counts. It is definitely better than Kentucky windage! I couldn't get it to line up with any of my loads, and it isn't all that customizable. No worries, disagreement is OK on this forum, I think.