Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im not an expert on gps I've only owned 2 of them. 1 was the Rhino 120 with a radio and the other is a Garmin Oregon 450T and the Oregon is a lot better than the Rhino 120 ...bigger screen, sd card slot for maps, touch screen which IMHO is the only way to go. I am really happy with the Oregon 450T it was really easy to learn how to use it. As far as batterys I found if I use Lithieum batterys thay seem to last about 3 or 4 times longer...same goes for my camera, that thing would eat batterys now with the Lithieum they last for weeks at a time.

ps... From what I've been reading the Montana gps with the camera would really be nice because you can take a pic on the run and make it a waypoint....you wouldn't have to type in a name or location. Like if you were riding a horse or atv. Just take a pic and put a name on it later.....sounds good anyway.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a Garmin 60csx i really cant complain i bought it a couple years ago when they were on sale for $200 and the reviews were good then and still are good on them and you can still find them for about 200. I will say i would really consider getting one with the option of a micro sd slot. Makes life easier getting maps uploaded. I know for that era of garmins if it had an X at the end of the model is had the micro sd slot ie. 60csX.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    For anyone interested in an Oregon I got a cabelas flyer yesterday. This Saturday they have them for 299 on a 4 hour door buster sale. That was for the Springfield, Oregon store but might check into the nearest one to you

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 2 Posts
    I have the Garmin GPS maps 62st and love it all everything you need and also waterproof and comes with topomaps of entire US preloaded on the unit

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Looked at the flyer when I got home and the price on the 4 hour sale is 229!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have been using Garmin products for years. I currently use an Oregon 450 and a foretrex and I have used them without issues.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just upgraded from a 10 year old Megellan Sport Trak Pro to their 610 series. This is my 4th upgrade over many years. they have been good so far and the trade in value of my old unit has always kept me from changing to another brand. I may be missing out on some better unit but so far the Magellan has met my needs. My number one complaint with them has been reception in heavy timber, but I suspect that is an issues with most units.