Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Camper!!!

Thanks

Happy Camper!!!

Last night I attended our local Sportsmans Club Banquet. We found out thier plans for the old municipal golf course, a group built a new championship golf course a couple years ago and the old one has been idle since. Well it looks like we are going to create a Sporting Complex, complete with a Archery ranges; Static, 3D/ Field Course and Indoor pop-up; 10 Station Sporting Clays;5-Stand Sporting Clays; Trap; Skeet; 25 Yard Pistol Range; 50, 100 & 200 Yard Rifle Range; ATV Course; and an expanded Campground and Fishing Ponds.

I'm going to have a new playground just a couple miles down the road! If you can't tell I'm a little excited!
    Member: RMEF, MDF, NRA, DU, PF and Life Member NAHC.

Thanks
    Right on!!! Sounds like your going to get a new home soon.
    People in SUV's and suburbs will kill more game animals than a man with a bow, ever could.

Thanks
    Sweet, that sounds like a lot of fun!
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Sounds like Disneyland for Sportsmen! Congrats!

Thanks
    That's great where I live they are trying to shut down the shooting range to put in more houses near a golf course.

Thanks
    How could you be excited about turning an open space into an evil place for people to practice killing animals?

LOL, just kidding!
    "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

Thanks
    That does sound awesome

Thanks
    NOT A HAPPY CAMPER ANYMORE!!!!! Seems last night the County Supervisors voted against a rezoning permit. I guess a few local activists got in their heads. Possible noise pollution problem is what they claim. How come it's always a few misinformed morons that screw it up for everyone else. They said to find a place where no one lives. Well there isn't a square mile in this county that doesn't have at least one farm or home on it. www.SandyHollow.org. Right now I would really like to pack up and move.

Thanks
    So write your local senator. Let them know how you feel. Talk to the managment at the Sportsmans and see if you can get them involved with more locals that want this sort of place. Most anti crap on your parade activists live at these meetings. They dont have much of a life, so the only place they can meet chicks and pretend to be social is at these meetings.
    Those of us that are out doing things, like work for example, hunting, fishing, hiking etc. We tend to not make ourselves heard and the meetings get overrun with oposition. The elected only are there to do the will of the people, so if your not speaking up, and getting a group bigger than the opposition then you wont be heard either.

Take your local senator out skeet shooting and have some fun, just make sure his first name isnt Dick before you go. lol Then take the time to talke to him about the idea once you have a large enough group to back up the desire.
    Talk to Sportsmans and get them in on the invite, have a Sportsmans Warehouse sponosored shoot. Talk about job opportunities for locals to build it, run it, and the local revenue and tax income it will bring to the county.
    Thats how its done son.
    I hunt because........

Thanks
    From what I was told we had a very good showing of support at the public hearing, I could not attend due to it being Cub Scouts pine wood derby night. The local City council was all for it, they own the property and actually came to the Sportsmans club with the idea. I believe we will get this project accomplished eventually, it will just take a year or two longer and many more dollars than it should have. Might have to vote out a few County Supervisors whom have personal agendas. Even the State of Iowa was for it, they were going to grant up to $800,000. for the project. It came down to a 3-2 vote of the County Supervisors. May have to see if we can get it on the public ballot.