Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commisioner tag

Thanks
    No brainer. Elk.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Whats a Commisioner Tag and how can I get one?

Thanks
    I know antelope are easier to draw. I just got hooked on antelope hunting and havent been in two years so getting a little antsy. Always wanted a big elk and big mule deer too but drool when I see 85+" antelope. If you look at the book to get roughly into the top 20% of all time trophys you would need roughly an 86" antelope, 201" typ mule deer, 260" ntyp mule deer, a 391" typ elk, or a 410" non typ elk. I think a 86" antelope is way more obtainable with that license than a 400+ elk or 200+ mule deer. Just showing what roughly an equal trophy for all specie equates too. Thats why I would have a tough choice.

Thanks
    [QUOTE=p.hines;21540]Whats a Commisioner Tag and how can I get one?[/QUOTE\

When given A Commisioner tag it is valid for either elk, deer, or antelope in the hunt area of your choice. They are always donated to non profit organizations where they are either auctioned or raffled off. The Wyoming Wild sheep Foundation is selling tickets for raffle right now, i bought one and that got my curiosity going. The best part is is it dosnt interfere with other tags you draw, so you can hunt 2 bull elk in one season, or whatever you choose.

nwwa huner- I must admit i am a pretty big pronghorn junky myself, love those big goats....or freaks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kcaves View Post
    i would say either area 113 or 123 for elk, ive seen some huge bulls out there
    Definately 123 or 113 I took a 350 bull out of 123 last year and they get a lot bigger than that there.