Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I actually own a Eureka Solitare and I have one vital thing to say: do not buy this tent. My first trip with this tent turned into a hellish one-nighter. If there is anything more than a minor breeze, the thing just starts flapping like crazy. Add rain to the mix and it's all over. I literally used it on two scouting trips and laid it to rest in my closet.

I am happy to say that the experience with that led me to better things, namely my Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2. This sucker weighs less than the Solitare, has much more head room and room in general, and is worth the little bit more you spend on it. If you sniff either the UL2 or UL1 on ebay, you should find it in the $200-$250 range. Like anything else archery: you get what you pay for. It will be a great choice in the long run, trust me. Good luck!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've got the cabelas xpg tent. It's been great used it from early bow until December elk hunt on the wet coast for a week and never had any problems. Can't remember the weight. It's lighter. I looked into the alps zephyr and went with the xpg from all the reviews. Try Sierra trading post if you go with the alps they had great deals on them. If you join the internet club you'll get deals for additional discounts. Probably pick it up well under $100

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I also use a cabelas xpg tent, the only down fall to this tent is it very heavy compared to some of the others( I think) It weighs a little over 6 lbs. But I have stayed in that tent for 2 days in a complete whiteout, and never got wet. Works for me, but if you can swing the money I would look at something lighter. Good luck, and let us know what you go with.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I use the REI Quarterdome 2. I like a little bit of room to move around, and to wait out storms. They make a 1 person tent that is at 3 lbs ish, and a 2 person that is about a pound more. I like these tents because they have 2 vents at the top, and condensation is never a problem. My buddy has the BA Fly Creek and loves his. I don't like front entrances, and his tent collects a lot of condensation. The REI tent you can get relitivly cheep by waiting for there 20% off coupon. Should be right around 220.00.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If I pack in a tent I use my MSR Hubba

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I currently use the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2 and used the UL1 previously. Both tents rock. I went with the UL2, so I could move my pack and bow/rifle indoors with me if the weather turns. There are some good deals out there. Check out these for used tents. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-...:63.199.74.187
    http://www.wearbap.com/home.php?cat=398

S&S archery has Big Agnes tents and Steve can help you out.
    http://www.sandsarchery.com/

Arizona's Mogollon Rim and White Mountains
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Check out the Appy Trails tents. They are floorless, but very light weight and easy to pitch, www.appytrails.com. I'm saving up for one, can't hardly wait.
    “We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities;…” -George W. “Nessmuk” Sears-

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This is an old topic that never get's tired... We use the Hilleberg AKTO 1 man tent... The best I have used so far out of the Mountain Hardware and Sierra Designs tents we had used in the past... The Hilleberg is a 4 season tent that can be pitched with the inner and rainfly all at once (Convenient when raining) pitched without a footprint and has a huge vestibule, which is one of the biggest factors to me in a backcountry tent. It is made of the toughest no-rip material available and crazy lightweight for a 4 season tent at 2lbs. 10 oz. min. weight with 4 season capability at 3 lb. 8oz.... Good luck!
    "This is A Way of Life"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Here it is pitched on our alpine hunt last year... 8 days of sleet, rain, snow, hail and morning sunshine... Performed without a hitch at 12,200 ft. elevation...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00434.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	3005
    "This is A Way of Life"