Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whoa....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There's quite a few nonresidents applying for the desert sheep tag and the tule tag. I believe there is a ton of people that have moved out of this state and still apply for deer, but I don't see the crowd getting any bigger though...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by goindeep View Post
    There's quite a few nonresidents applying for the desert sheep tag and the tule tag. I believe there is a ton of people that have moved out of this state and still apply for deer, but I don't see the crowd getting any bigger though...
    Won't argue with you about the tile elk or sheep. Or that people that moved elsewhere and still apply.

Bottom line is California doesn't make it easy or appealing for nonresidents like other western states, their point system is not appealing for nonresidents as they are in the same pool as residents.

If a hunter right now wanted to start putting in for a elk or sheep tag. They could plan on waiting 15 years for an elk tag and $2268 in liscences every year just to buy a point, this is not counting buying an application each year for the preference point. 30+ years and $4536 in liscences for a sheep tag, not includig applications.

If somebody really wants a california desert bighorn or tule they will probably apply but for someone wanting to go on a nonresident hunt for elk or deer coming from the Midwest or east coast isn't going to look @ California DIY.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just found this forum and have already learned so much. Thank you all for sharing.