Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Boots

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 2 Posts
    Love my pronghorns on my 3rd pair but thinking about trying some Kennetreks as well

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This last weekend I retired My first pair of pronghorns. I tried hiking in to scout a new area and limped out. The boots are in great shape, but I guess you can ground pound the foot beds out of them!! lol My first pair I have had for four years now.
    First thing I did was pull out my new pair I had setting aside when I got home. Time to start putting the miles on the new ones now.
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I had a pair of Russell moccasins built. They are very comfortable but too heavy. My Danner Pronghorns GTX insulated are good boots for me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkcaller View Post
    This thread's a bit old, but I noticed a new brand (to me anyway) advertised in the latest EHJ 125, Crispi (page 47). I have an old pair of Cabela's Meindl boots and have loved them for a lot of years but I'm looking for a new pair. Thinking about another pair of Meindl's, Kennetrek and considering Crispi. Has anyone tried a pair of their boots yet?
    I have had several pair of ski boots made by Crispi and they are top notch. Superior design and superior construction. If their hiking boots are anything like their ski boots I will get a pair myself.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I use the LOWA Ranger GTX, Tibet GTX, Uplander and Zephyr. I love LOWA boots and yes you will feel the difference. I like that they are now offering the Ranger in a 9". I have been thinking about the Baffin or Banff because of the extra soft and smooth glove-leather lining. I haven't used them, but have heard that the leather lining is nice. I like the toe rand that is on the tibet and the baffin. I haven't experienced a problem without it on my Rangers, but I have read reviews where they have. Other good boot companies to consider in your search to find the perfect boot for your foor include LaSportiva, Hanwag (Lathrop and Sons), Kayland (I have a pair of Contact Revs and like them a lot), Meindl and Zamberlan.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I sport la sportiva glaciers. Great ankle support. I love em. I am partial to them because that is what I used when I was paid to hike. There are alot of great boots out on the market now adays.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    dont go with the pinicals if waterproofness is important to you I have two pairs thought they were great till last fall they got soaked just walking thru wet grass. They are very comfortable but they are not normal gortex it is their scent control version not sure if it was that or stitching but we had wet feet every day.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I just got a pair of Danner RAT boots, so far they are working out okay. I needed something a little more resistant to prickly pear thorns than my cordura Lacross boots.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I used to buy cheap boots and after 1 day of hunting, my feet were sore and made the other days unbearable.

Then tried Danner boots, they fit the best for me right out of the box, not much break in needed, 1st pair were Danner Pronghorns, now Danner GTX 400 grain thinsulate. Waterproof 8" boots. Can't go wrong with these worth every bit.