Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boots

Thanks
    Danner Pronghorns with GORE-TEX lining waterproof, breathable protection easy to break in, durable and very comfortable, and the price is right $160. And if you need more waterproof than spray some Dry Camp silicone spray on then, and let them air out and dry down.
    Mathews Switchback XT- Toxonics 5 pin - Trophy Taker Pronghorn - Mathews Quiver – FMJ Axis 340
    Mathews DXT( Black)-Spot-Hogg Hunter-it 7 pin(Black)-Schaffer drop-away(Black)-Mathews T5(Black)
    Mathews Drenalin- Spot-Hogg 5 pin - Whisker Biscuit - Mathews T5 Quiver – FMJ Axis 340
    Mathews Drenalin LD-Spot-Hogg Hogg-it 5 pin-Vapor Trail drop-away- Gold Tip Pro X Cutters

Thanks
    Went out with the Lowa Ranger GTX's this Saturday for a 3 mile hike with a 30lb pack on. The boots performed great. My feet didn't get hot or sweaty and they have really good traction. They are very comfortable and have good ankle support. I'm glad I decided to ditch the hi-tec's and get a good quality boot. thanks everyone for your feedback.

Thanks
    I started hunting again after a long layoff. So needed most all new gear. I bought a pair of Wolverines, gortex with thinsulate. Leaked first trip out. Last season i bought 2 pair of Rocky boots, gortex with thinsulate, 400/800. Wore the 400 thinslute pair on the first day of the season, they leaked. Good thing i had a back up pair. Those lasted till the 3rd day before the 800 thinsulate pair leaked. So, now i bought a pair of Danners, havent been out in them yet so I don't know if they'll hold up.

Thanks
    Danners makes a great boot. I wore my first pair of 400 gram pronghorns now three seasons and going on a fourth. I bought a back up pair and put them away this spring just in case, as they changed the style on them, but I have nothing but good to say about them so far.
    I hunt because........

Thanks
    I have the Scarpa Escape GTX and Meindl Perfekt Hikers. I like both boots and haven't had any problems with the waterproofing of either boot. I did have some heel slippage in the Perfekt Hikers while mule deer hunting in SD but I think that was a problem I should've corrected sooner with how tight I had them laced. I would recommend both of these boots and plan to use the Scarpa in Colorado this year. I have been wanting to try on a pair of Kenetrek Hardscrabble hikers but have no place to do that.

Thanks
    My Ranger GTXs are in their 3rd season and harldy show any abuse. The one drawback is the fact that there is no protection on the toe area. I also have a pair of Tibet GTX boots. Between the 2 of them I can cover just about any situation. I would highly recommend any boots by LOWA!! BTW my Tibet's are in their 6th season. Sole is showing some wear, but upper is in great shape.

Thanks
    This thread's a bit old, but I noticed a new brand (to me anyway) advertised in the latest EHJ 125, Crispi (page 47). I have an old pair of Cabela's Meindl boots and have loved them for a lot of years but I'm looking for a new pair. Thinking about another pair of Meindl's, Kennetrek and considering Crispi. Has anyone tried a pair of their boots yet?
    Last edited by Elkcaller; 06-16-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: added page number

Thanks
    I haven't tried Crispi, but I have a pair of Kayland Vertigo High hiking boots. They are awesome. I am one of those guys that spends half the year in blisters, but the Kaylands have been blister-free. They lace right down to the toe, so you can get the fit just right. They also have an eVent liner, so they breathe noticeably better than GTex. I did upgrade the insoles to Superfeet Green.

Thanks
    I have a pair of Asolo powermatice 200's for early season and they fit me so well I almost want to sleep in them, for the later season I use Lowa tibet pro's since they are a little higher, I'm gonna have my brother in law get some Kennetrek's this fall and see how he likes them.

Thanks
    Danner Pronghorns...
    "This is A Way of Life"