Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Load Data - 7 WSM or 300 WSM for Burger VLD Hunting Bullets

Howdy... Anybody have any successful recipes for either option. I plan to shoot the 168 gr on the 7 & the 210 gr on the 300. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I think ChadH has played with this... Thanks again.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 4 Posts
    i have 7wsm and 300 win mag loads i wil check when i get home tonight

Thanks
    Congratulations
    7wsm bartlein 25" barrel 1:9 twist 69.5 gr H1000. CCI 250 mag primers 160 grain accubonds 2875 GPS that is a mild load very accurate. I will be loading it with the 150gr long range accubonds this spring.

300 win mag 190gr bergers 74 gr H4831sc. WLR primer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thank you... How are the 190 Bergers? I spoke with them today and they actually told me to not go with the 210's and drop to the 185 Classic Hunter since i have to short mag. Same thing on the 168... Classic hunter over the VLD Hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    They were fine,little picky on seating depth. I did have 2-190 vld fail me and I thought they were perfect shots, one shot a buck at 150 yards in the shoulder fell flat on his face then got up ran away and never found him same with a doe, I have no idea what happened. I shoot a 7wsm and have only been shooting accubonds. I would check into the long range accubonds there bc is going to be higher or right at the vlds, also like they are a bonded bullet and will work on game up close and also at longer ranges also. They say those vlds don't perform at there top until past 300 yards. Also those vlds are really long and like to be seated into the lands or a hair back and some guns don't have the length in the magazine for those bergers to be seated out so u would have to single feed them. I built my 7wsm off a long action so I would be able to seat those longer bullets out. Most factory short mags have a short action so I don't think u would be able to seat those bergers out far enough like they are designed.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Boy those are some good tips... everything you mentioned is right on with the reviews. I also have a friends that commercially loads the accubonds, it could make life a lot easier. I'll have to consider.

One thing that still has me going on the Burgers is supposedly the new classic hunter has resolved the issue mentioned above as it is a shorter bullet than the VLD Hunting.

Any thoughts on the classic hunter?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Another question open to everyone else... I know the partition bullet is tried and true but what about at extended distances? 700 yds? that is what I shoot now and have extreme confidence in it but have always kept my shooting under 500 yards. This is the year that I would like to be able to extend that shooting distance just a little

Thanks
    Congratulations
    i guess i have never used the classic hunter i see the bc is pretty close to the vld just a little less. Dont have any opinions on the classic.im sure they would probally work fine also.i have never used the partition either but im sure they would work out to farther distances also but there bc i dont think is really high so thats where u keep lots of your energy and fps with the higher bc's. Thats why im going to try out the new long range accubonds becasuse they are a very well bonded bullet with high bc's. I would try some of the classic and the accubonds long range and whatever one shoots better at further distances i would go with. shoot a group at 100 200 and 300 maybe 400 too and see how they group after u find a load for both. what i also found those bergers dont group for crap at 100 and 200, they usually dont stabilze out till u get to 300 yards maybe those berger classic are better, not sure.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    better idea lets go shoot in the mountain across some canyons out to a 1000 and see how they perform, thats always fun. Also if you are looking into shooting some longer distance and have an adjustable turret i have a ballistic program i could print off or email you some drop charts if u wanted.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That would be awesome... thanks for all the info. I think you are right on the accubonds over the partition at long range.

scottfalagan@gmail.com